Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Whing

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yes he looked quality - hopefully we can sign him up permanently or at least a loan to the end of the season.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ernest said:
I thought he was crap

Your judgment is as good as your awareness of what time kick of was :salute: :lol:

gwpdylan

Jul 26, 2006
can i just say that on first viewing of the guy i was impressed in a lot of his play (given it took a while for me to work out who was who after so long). only thing i would question at times was his distribution down the line when not unduly pressured. wether it was more about the forward runs of others i dont know but certainly in first half the ball appeared to end up in no mans land. overall though i thought he looked good. perhaps after my first live game in many years i ought keep quiet but hey, its all subjective. great night for me and loved it all

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
He has made a fantastic contribution to our team this year, especially in terms of his fully-committed defending... would love for us to sign him on a perm...

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
He was elbowed in the face early on in the match, right on the spot where he had that awful injury a few weeks ago. The Ref did not see it neither did most of the crowd. You could see the bench were very concerned as he was really struggling for about 10 minutes but still made a couple of decisive takles.

Top bloke and will get better if we can keep him.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
And as in the Millwall game he looked even better when he moved to central defence ... is he a cente back in disguise?

Sav

Jul 23, 2006
Lancing
Beach Hut said:
Yes he looked quality - hopefully we can sign him up permanently or at least a loan to the end of the season.

Yup, He's not a very good player IMO. Never looks for an easy ball and just does the long ball down the line everytime where we never win them over the top. His control isn't that good either tbh, and even in the Warm up last night he was slicing them everywhere.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
But he's ginger.

i think we have our required quota of red heads.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Arrel UK said:
Yup, He's not a very good player IMO. Never looks for an easy ball and just does the long ball down the line everytime where we never win them over the top. His control isn't that good either tbh, and even in the Warm up last night he was slicing them everywhere.

Clearly, you have no idea what a good player is.

Sav

Jul 23, 2006
Lancing
Withdean Wanderer said:
Clearly, you have no idea what a good player is.

LOL are you that kid we was callin Harry Potter?, Mate I was standin with Sam last night at the Game next to you...

And you're tryna tell me I have no idea, Lmao...

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Arrel UK said:
LOL are you that kid we was callin Harry Potter?, Mate I was standin with Sam last night at the Game next to you...

And you're tryna tell me I have no idea, Lmao...

I am well aware. And your constant criticism of Whing last night pissed me off, as you were actually being deadly serious.

Without Whing, we are forced to play El-Abd at right back. He's not half the player there as he is at centre back. Other than that, our cover is Hart, who is an attacking player.

Whing is apparently 'not very good' because he is capable of playing a low bending pass down the line that doesn't always reach one of our forwards. Well, that might be something to do with the fact that we aren't playing a proper right winger, and instead have Cox who plays inside. His plan 'b', if you like, seems to be to hoof it, which all of our defenders do under pressure.

What's wrong with that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here