Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Whing

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
The only player who can hold his head up high after yesterday (baring McNulty).

If the rest of the players showed his determination we wouldn't be in this mess.

marshallmercury

Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
The only player who can hold his head up high after yesterday (baring McNulty).

If the rest of the players showed his determination we wouldn't be in this mess.

I second that. Some of the players put in 110% effort but are they really good enough to even play at this level. :shrug:

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Whingy is more than good enough to play at this level. He plays with passion and not a lot gets past him if you watch closely enough. One of my favourite Albion players in the current squad, and he proved why yesterday. Even when we were getting hammered and most of his team mates had given up, he carried on playing his heart out.
The timing of his last-ditch tackles were sublime.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Best player in a Brighton shirt by a mile yesterday.

marshallmercury

Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
Whingy is more than good enough to play at this level. He plays with passion and not a lot gets past him if you watch closely enough. One of my favourite Albion players in the current squad, and he proved why yesterday. Even when we were getting hammered and most of his team mates had given up, he carried on playing his heart out.
The timing of his last-ditch tackles were sublime.

His sliding tackle in the last 5 minutes in the penalty area was fantastic:thumbsup:

alex_brighton

Banned
Jan 29, 2009
completley aggre the only players with passion
i dont think whing will stay with us if we go down unfortunatly :(

footychick

Nicola
Dec 8, 2005
Soham, United Kingdom
We're all in this together
Once we know
That we are
We're all stars
And we see that
And it shows
When we stand
Hand in hand
Make our dreams come true

Together, together, together everyone
Together, together, come on lets have some fun
Together, were there for each other every time
Together together come on lets do this right

When we reach
We can fly
Know inside
We can make it
We're all in this toghether
Once we see
Theres a chance
That we have
And we take it

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Once we know
That we are
We're all stars
And we see that
And it shows
When we stand
Hand in hand
Make our dreams come true

Together, together, together everyone
Together, together, come on lets have some fun
Together, were there for each other every time
Together together come on lets do this right

When we reach
We can fly
Know inside
We can make it
We're all in this toghether
Once we see
Theres a chance
That we have
And we take it

That's awful, is it a song?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Whing has actually come back a better player since returning from injury. He played well yesterday.

I agree. I think the little spell out of the team did him some good. He has come back and you know he is going to give 110%. Top player.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Thought he was very good again yesterday. Given that individually, McNulty, Whing and Elphick are all decent players it is surprising how collectively we look like we might concede whenever the opposition attack.

It was interesting reading his thoughts on yesterdays game:

"It was probably the craziest 90 minutes of football that I have ever been involved in.

If ever there was a group of lads who are willing to die for each other to get out of this then they were certainly in that dressing room at the end of the game.

We had a lengthy discussion with Dean White and Bob Booker and the whole team. Everyone had the opportunity to get things off their chest and there was no bitching and no back-biting. Everyone is together to pull ourselves out of the relegation scrap that we find ourselves in."

Brighton and Hove Albion | News | Latest News | Latest News | Whing: We are all in this Together

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Thought Cook had a good game, considering how young he is and how little games he has played, thought he held his own very well

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Thought Cook had a good game, considering how young he is and how little games he has played, thought he held his own very well

Yeah, Cook played well in difficult circumstances. McNulty was, obviously, fantastic. Though he does get caught inside a little bit too often for my liking, but he's obviously got the class.

Whing is a man mountain for us, he has almost no technical ability at all, but he makes up for that with attitude, effort and desire. He works hard and he gives his all, he won't shirk a challenge and he kicks his fellow players up the arse when needed. He's crucial for us, absolutely crucial. :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here