Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Naylor

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
Why was it it that Andy Naylor couldn't convey any of the excitement and atmosphere that the crowd generated on saturday. I thought it was brilliant. Come on Andy give us fans some credit.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
the write at one pace naylor who thinks he is writing scripts for the bbc world service? snoooze.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
He was upset on Twitter today because someone was taking his scoops before he could get them online.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Because he'd rather wait for the first time the crowd groans at a backward pass and then write 500 words about how we should remember where we came from and should appreciate what we've got. I know it's fashionable to dislike the man but I genuinely do, with a passion. Has a chip on his shoulder about Albion support and needs to f*** off back to Stoke- Brian Owen is 10x a better journo than him anyway.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Ridiculous thread: slating the man for something he hasn't done or might or might not do? Risible.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I have it on good authority that Andy Naylor and the Argus are no longer given "preferential" treatment as they were in years gone by. This is for various reasons, but mainly because the club don't want stories leaked by Argus "insiders" anymore.

When Poyet took charge, the club lost out on a few players due to "leaks" at the Argus and it's because of this, The Argus will know no more than any other media source.

Sent from my iPhone using a goat

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
IMO he does a good job and reports what has happened. Just because he does not report the self congratulatory wankathon about the singing does not make him a bad reporter. It was a mediocre match, but because we won that is quickly forgotten by us and rightly so.

Sep 1, 2010
IMO he does a good job and reports what has happened. Just because he does not report the self congratulatory wankathon about the singing does not make him a bad reporter. It was a mediocre match, but because we won that is quickly forgotten by us and rightly so.

Has he ever mentioned anything about our singing ?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I get it. This forum doesn't like Andy Naylor, but dear God get a grip! Sure, he hasn't lavished praise on us for getting behind our team more vociferously than normal but why should he?

Its not his fault we've only really had three or four home games (Burnley, Newcastle, Donny and Liverpool) this season with a massive atmosphere is it?

Do we really need a pat on the back from the local rag every time we make some noise?

D

Deleted member 2719

I have it on good authority that Andy Naylor and the Argus are no longer given "preferential" treatment as they were in years gone by. This is for various reasons, but mainly because the club don't want stories leaked by Argus "insiders" anymore.

When Poyet took charge, the club lost out on a few players due to "leaks" at the Argus and it's because of this, The Argus will know no more than any other media source.

Sent from my iPhone using a goat

I do hope your right.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Why was it it that Andy Naylor couldn't convey any of the excitement and atmosphere that the crowd generated on saturday. I thought it was brilliant. Come on Andy give us fans some credit.

the write at one pace naylor who thinks he is writing scripts for the bbc world service? snoooze.

He was upset on Twitter today because someone was taking his scoops before he could get them online.

Because he'd rather wait for the first time the crowd groans at a backward pass and then write 500 words about how we should remember where we came from and should appreciate what we've got. I know it's fashionable to dislike the man but I genuinely do, with a passion. Has a chip on his shoulder about Albion support and needs to f*** off back to Stoke- Brian Owen is 10x a better journo than him anyway.

:facepalm:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I get it. This forum doesn't like Andy Naylor, but dear God get a grip! Sure, he hasn't lavished praise on us for getting behind our team more vociferously than normal but why should he?

Its not his fault we've only really had three or four home games (Burnley, Newcastle, Donny and Liverpool) this season with a massive atmosphere is it?

Do we really need a pat on the back from the local rag every time we make some noise?
To be fair it is only a few who don't like him, but they do make their opinions known! I think El Pres had it right, some people would prefer to read a match report along the lines of "Chant after chant rolled from the stands as the best fans in Britain showed why the Amex is rated as one the top stadiums in the world for atmosphere. Song after song pounded down onto the opposition players until they covered their ears and screamed for mercy whilst desperately signalling to their own mute fans to try and do something to counter the immense wall of blue and white noise ..."

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
To be fair it is only a few who don't like him, but they do make their opinions known! I think El Pres had it right, some people would prefer to read a match report along the lines of "Chant after chant rolled from the stands as the best fans in Britain showed why the Amex is rated as one the top stadiums in the world for atmosphere. Song after song pounded down onto the opposition players until they covered their ears and screamed for mercy whilst desperately signalling to their own mute fans to try and do something to counter the immense wall of blue and white noise ..."

That's HB&Bs next report opening written. Albeit he would have said ' I ensured song after song.......' and 'the opposition players told me.......'

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Spot on - nothing wrong with Naylor, IMO. There really are some f***ing tools on here.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I thought it was a good atmosphere but it didn't blow me away - I've seen better this season. Namely the Doncaster and Burnley games as have already been mentioned

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove

I agree. I was in WSL and during the first half I thought the atmosphere went as flat as the match in periods during the first half. It picked up a hell of a lot in the in the second but it certainly wasn't the best I have experienced, but I can only comment on where I was sitting.

As stated above I don't quite understand why some want to be congratulated on the level of singing and atmosphere. We are supporters - that is what we are supposed to do; it is our only role at a football match.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I don't really understand what the O/P expects him to write? He's doing a report on the game, he's not there to offer pats on the back to those evidently desperate for affirmation of their singing abilities. What on earth are you hoping for in his pieces?

The whole Naylor thing strikes me as a ridiculous bandwagon that a few people are jumping on because they're completely blinded by their loyalty to the Albion. The second something appears in press that questions the all-powerful cult of Albion, Naylor is vilified.

He's just a bog standard local newspaper reporter, no more, no less. His reports are, in the main, perfectly acceptable. If you want to start your own, North Korean government style reporting agency for match reports, feel free to do so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here