Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Naylor Today

So the 'big' day has dawned and tonight it's the Falmer roadshow when we'll hopefully get to hear what's in store at the new ground and when. Some are still sceptical, which is understandable, but what does Co-Co the Clown serve up:
Wow! - it's Bas Savage's plans at Millwall, Alex Revell's Hernia and Dean Hammond's debut at Colchester. :yawn:
Savage Keen To Be A Hit With Millwall Fans (from The Argus)</title>

All newsworthy items no doubt (in SE London, Southend or Colchester) but for Brighton supporters there's 300 words of pointless and irrelevant drivel that makes the West Sussex County Times look an interesting read.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
I can't stand him or the arsegas. I don't bother to read their crap anymore, they enjoy painting a bad picture of the Albion too much for me!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I can't stand him or the arsegas. I don't bother to read their crap anymore, they enjoy painting a bad picture of the Albion too much for me!

Painting a bad picture, or putting a bad picture of you on the front of the paper?

:jester:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
:rolleyes:

Any excuse to put the boot in. Its clearly a slow news day, theres not a lot to report on around the club today, the Falmer Roadshow is covered elsewhere, and its not like we don't get plenty of articles and interviews through the week anyway.

The club gets a LOT more column inches these days then it used to in years gone by. I dunno why there is this campaign by some people against the Argus - its been 100% behind the Falmer application since day one, and whilst some of the articles are "space-fillers", on the whole if its worth covering they cover it.
Get over yerselves.

:rolleyes:

Any excuse to put the boot in. Its clearly a slow news day, theres not a lot to report on around the club today, the Falmer Roadshow is covered elsewhere, and its not like we don't get plenty of articles and interviews through the week anyway.

The club gets a LOT more column inches these days then it used to in years gone by. I dunno why there is this campaign by some people against the Argus - its been 100% behind the Falmer application since day one, and whilst some of the articles are "space-fillers", on the whole if its worth covering they cover it.
Get over yerselves.

OK, I take your point about publicity for the club. I just don't have any interest in what three ex-players are up to and can think of more relevant topics AN could have picked. I also don't have any particular problem with him - just think he's lazy.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Bollocks to Andy Naylor, miserable perma-moaning oddball.

Just for the sake of comparison, imagine how unlikely it would EVER be for him to write an article with an introduction like the following, written about Saturday by his colleague Brian Owen which, judging by the comments on here at least, is far closer to fans' views:

Martot keeps it simple for Albion
By Brian Owen
Comment | Read Comments (17)
It was probably one of Albion's goals of the season.

Glenn Murray's superb finish after Matt Richards' charge downfield and nice pass deserved to be the match winner on an entertaining, upbeat Withdean afternoon.

But the goal was born deeper than that. It came out of the Seagulls' willingness to pass and move their way out of their own half rather than launch the ball forward.

Now David Martot, the midfield substitute at the heart of that initial set of triangles which led to Richards' explosive burst, has insisted Albion have the players to produce more football like that...

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Falmer roadshow is a NEWS story - just like all the funding ones etc which have been covered by BARRETT for the NEWS section.

Stop moaning for the SAKE of moaning.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The younger members on here wiould do well to listen to their elders about how Jack Aldridge and John Vinnicombe wrote about The Albion before critisizng Andy Naylor. One week in their articles we were the greatest team on earth and the next week the worst and when the end of season came which ever position we finished up in at some time during the season they would have said that was where we going to finish. Where they drew the line was that they wouldnt say anything to upset the club and their half time snack.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
The younger members on here wiould do well to listen to their elders about how Jack Aldridge and John Vinnicombe wrote about The Albion before critisizng Andy Naylor. One week in their articles we were the greatest team on earth and the next week the worst and when the end of season came which ever position we finished up in at some time during the season they would have said that was where we going to finish. Where they drew the line was that they wouldnt say anything to upset the club and their half time snack.

Agreed - a world away from Naylor who wouldn't say anything positive about the board for fear of upsetting his half time cocoa with Millard.

perhaps the best thing would be somewhere in between (not in between Naylor and Millard you understand)?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer roadshow is a NEWS story - just like all the funding ones etc which have been covered by BARRETT for the NEWS section.

Stop moaning for the SAKE of moaning.

We'll have none of that being sensible around here. What chance, honestly, do you think you have of successfully getting that point over?

What we want is more hamstring stories about Albion reserves, that's real news.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Naylor is just odd.

It is quite good that he is not a fan of the club as it does mean some of his match reporting is more objective than his predecessors.

However some of his other stuff post McGhee does seem to have an agenda to it. It is obvious that Naylor and Knight do not get on and Naylor does use his position at times to attempt to undermine Knight, the recent article about Tony Bloom being an example of this or Naylor somehow blaming Knight for Hammond’s sending off at Oldham.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Naylor is just odd.

It is quite good that he is not a fan of the club as it does mean some of his match reporting is more objective than his predecessors.

However some of his other stuff post McGhee does seem to have an agenda to it. It is obvious that Naylor and Knight do not get on and Naylor does use his position at times to attempt to undermine Knight, the recent article about Tony Bloom being an example of this or Naylor somehow blaming Knight for Hammond’s sending off at Oldham.

Or indeed the complete lack of reporting by Naylor of the 'revelation' that Hammond was offered a contract that would make him the second highest paid player in our history. If it was untrue, you can bet the coverage he would have given it, but somehow he couldn't just bring himself to write it. That's not objective, that's writing to an agenda.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Or indeed the complete lack of reporting by Naylor of the 'revelation' that Hammond was offered a contract that would make him the second highest paid player in our history. If it was untrue, you can bet the coverage he would have given it, but somehow he couldn't just bring himself to write it. That's not objective, that's writing to an agenda.

The problem is a lot of this agenda seems to go back to the fact that Knight sacked McGhee.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
The problem is a lot of this agenda seems to go back to the fact that Knight sacked McGhee.

It goes back earlier, all the way back to the Purdew failed takeover. Naylor was given the inside track by Foster and Purdew and wrote many articles hinting about other buyers and Knight's inability to take the club forward a full two weeks before the takeover bid came. Some may say a good piece of journalism and it was. However he tried to influence the result rather than report it and Knight it would seem hasn't trusted him since. Some journalists would shrug this off but Andy has taken it a bit to heart and wants to fight back. On both sides, it has gone on too long to ever be resolved.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
It goes back earlier, all the way back to the Purdew failed takeover. Naylor was given the inside track by Foster and Purdew and wrote many articles hinting about other buyers and Knight's inability to take the club forward a full two weeks before the takeover bid came. Some may say a good piece of journalism and it was. However he tried to influence the result rather than report it and Knight it would seem hasn't trusted him since. Some journalists would shrug this off but Andy has taken it a bit to heart and wants to fight back. On both sides, it has gone on too long to ever be resolved.

The problem is this leads to some reporting not being objective.

I have no issue with the Argus scrutinising what the club do. At the end of the day if the fans and the Argus had looked more into the ‘refinancing’ in 1993, then maybe things would have been different now.

However I have no time for Naylor due to the obvious stirring in some of his articles.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here