Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

andy naylor poyet lying about vicente

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I haven't read the entire thread right now cos I don't have the time. But having read a large portion of it one thing strikes me. The huge degree of anger and resentment from many here which appears to be aimed at someone who is possibly the greatest and most talented player to ever pull on a Brighton shirt.

I feel it's massively out of place to make judgements on him and the entire situation when it's clear that no-one really knows all the facts.

My personal opinion is that I will be massively surprised if we see his name on the teamsheet again. However, I would still love to see him play again and let's hope he does. In the meantime let's grow up, start showing some bloody respect. Let's all hope that we get the pleasure of seeing him grace the Amex pitch again.

Ole.

Best post on this subject. Ever.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The decision taken over the summer to invoke the renewal clause looks worse as each week passes with Vicente absent and no proper second striker.

For me it's got to the point I'd rather ship him to Elche in the next window and use the wages saved to finance the acquisition of a decent striker. I've never known such reporting inconsistencies surrounding a player as with Vicente's mystery ailments. He makes Darren Anderton seem like Ryan Giggs.

Inclined to agree.

He's played a grand total of 9 reluctant minutes in the Championship so far this season, where Gus practically had to push him onto the pitch with a cattle prod. The darkness of the winter months is now upon us, so frankly I'll be surprised if we see him again. It was a very entertaining cameo last season, and he was a pleasure to watch in the stripes. But at what point do we draw the line ? If there's no sign of him between now and Christmas then I think its time to cut our losses and put his wages back in the pot to boost the transfer options in January.

Fabulous talent, but he's no use if we're only going to get a dozen (if we're VERY lucky) appearances out of him this season.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The huge degree of anger and resentment from many here

.......would be directed to someone or something else if it were not Vicente.

People WANT to be angry and/or offended, the subject matter of their ire is an irrelevance. It is a facet of modern day living, nothing more or less.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
If you want to cheer yourself up, watch the Chelsea game again. Vicente and Buckley won the game for us. We need them both fully fit.

PS: Elche don't need him. 5 points clear.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Nope. The same as it's always been. Tendons are funny things and are much harder to predict how long they will take to heal and treat compared to muscles.

Yeah, bloody amazing when you think about it, how they suddenly healed themselves towards the end of last season. Then all of a sudden, bang.....gone again!!

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Nope. The same as it's always been. Tendons are funny things and are much harder to predict how long they will take to heal and treat compared to muscles.

Is the right answer. He's injured, and this has probably got him a bit down too, understandably. If he weren't injury-prone he'd be playing at the very top level somewhere. That was the gamble, and it's far too early to say it hasn't paid off yet. If he comes back fit and firing by the New Year then he can still have a massive impact on our season. Why do so many people nowadays want instant answers and results, and when they don't get them want to blame someone or create conspiracys where they don't exist?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Is the right answer. He's injured, and this has probably got him a bit down too, understandably. If he weren't injury-prone he'd be playing at the very top level somewhere. That was the gamble, and it's far too early to say it hasn't paid off yet. If he comes back fit and firing by the New Year then he can still have a massive impact on our season. Why do so many people nowadays want instant answers and results, and when they don't get them want to blame someone or create conspiracys where they don't exist?

Indeed.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I di not know Vicente had a tendon injury?

Types of Tendon Injury

I had tendinitis in my Achilles heel and I could not walk properly let along run. (Bobby Z suffers from Achilles Heel problems or did recently). Rest is obligatory and then it cleared up mysteriously.

I heard that it was a thigh injury. Tendons in the thigh as well. It is maybe (from my experience) the constant jarring that cause it flame up. Diclofenac was prescribed for me. Nurofen feels better because of subtle side effects with Diclofenac. Diclofenac works quicker for me when it was really bad.

Then one day, it was suddenly gone and it did not come back. Touch wood.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
I haven't read the entire thread right now cos I don't have the time. But having read a large portion of it one thing strikes me. The huge degree of anger and resentment from many here which appears to be aimed at someone who is possibly the greatest and most talented player to ever pull on a Brighton shirt.

I feel it's massively out of place to make judgements on him and the entire situation when it's clear that no-one really knows all the facts.

My personal opinion is that I will be massively surprised if we see his name on the teamsheet again. However, I would still love to see him play again and let's hope he does. In the meantime let's grow up, start showing some bloody respect. Let's all hope that we get the pleasure of seeing him grace the Amex pitch again.

Ole.
100% this. I'll say no more.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If you want to cheer yourself up, watch the Chelsea game again. Vicente and Buckley won the game for us. We need them both fully fit.

I'd love to watch the Chelsea game again but it isn't on Player. Has anyone got a download of it?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So if come January we've still had 0 appearances from Vicente, and are no closer to knowing when he's coming back, is that the point when we should cut our losses, let him go and look at getting someone else in ?

I think so.

stugbhafc1

Stuie G
Aug 4, 2011
Southwick
I had tendonitis in my forearm took 4 months to go, anyway ive heard that vicente has been given clean bill of health by all at the club he still wasnt having it so went back to spain where he got told the same but he still thinks he's injured think its a mental thing.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
So if come January we've still had 0 appearances from Vicente, and are no closer to knowing when he's coming back, is that the point when we should cut our losses, let him go and look at getting someone else in ?

I think so.

That would be reasonable I think, yes.

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
Don't get why people are saying he isn't injured at all and just doesn't want to be here? Surely if he didn't want to be here he'd rather play football to take his mind off it. The simple fact is, HE'S INJURED and will play for us again. People said this time last year he wouldn't ever play again and look how that worked out.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Vicente can make things happen

I'd love to watch the Chelsea game again but it isn't on Player. Has anyone got a download of it?

This might influence my choice of team. If my tendinitis was anything to go by. I just woke up one morning (after four months) and it was gone. All the exercises did not do any good, and a good night's sleep did better than anything. I would not rule it out being partly psychological and I would blame other people for upsetting me. I was hard to take my mind of it as it would wake me up. It did not seem to subscribe to reason.

In this match Barnes can run to the near post and look more dangerous than he actually is. I would envisage both Crofts and Vicente ready to accept the ball out of defence. Buckley could start in central midfield and run towards the right with ideally and in-form Lualua on the left but failing that Orlandi or Vicente (or both) on the left. A lot of hard running in the game. I have not seen that many signs of it from Dobbie.

Oct 25, 2003

I think so.

if we're in with a shout of play-off glory then personally i think it's worth gambling on getting even a few games out of him as he could be the difference maker

if we're lingering in mid table then it might be worth cutting our losses and building for next season

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
if we're in with a shout of play-off glory then personally i think it's worth gambling on getting even a few games out of him as he could be the difference maker

if we're lingering in mid table then it might be worth cutting our losses and building for next season

Although looking at the general downturn in results which pretty much coincided with Vicente's return to the team, as entertaining as he was, it could be argued he was a luxury we could not afford.

I'm not saying our shit run-in last season was all down to him though obviously, and right now we are crying out for his kind of creativity from the middle (NOT up front please Gus).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here