Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andy Naylor - Dedicated Journalist

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Anyone else feel like it's Groundhog Day?

(F***ing Zutons. I'm not buying it on principle.)
It's not actually that surprising and it happens to a lot of 'progressive' sides who like to dominate possession and attack.

I don't really need to remind anyone that much admired Ipswich lost to Maidstone while having 38 shots and 78% possession.

And then there's West Ham. Arsenal had 74% against them and 30 shots and lost 2-0. Spurs lost to them as well, yet had 75% possession and 23 shots. And, of course, us, taking one point off them, 69% of the ball and 22 shots up there and 78% / 25 shots in the home game. But I know I'd rather watch any of the three other teams mentioned than watch West Ham every week.

The only team consistently able to break down a well organised side that play on the break are Man City because they have players bought by the bankroll of an actual country.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Without big Mac, Caicedo offers very little. Fair to say Liverpool got the better deal. Would love to have signed Colwill but we couldn't and I wouldn't want us to give Chelsea type contracts to any player.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I think Colwill's influence on that season is masively overstated.

Good player, would loved to have signed him, but think he only actually started 13 prem games
I'd rather have one Colwill than two Igors.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I think Colwill's influence on that season is masively overstated.

Good player, would loved to have signed him, but think he only actually started 13 prem games
Got to start properly investing in our future Dunk sooner rather than later. IMHO Levi Colwill was the perfick replacement and a solid gold investment in the future. Oh hang on tho, he'd want the going rate for the EPL job wouldn't he? Scrub that then :rolleyes:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Colwill could pick a pass, just imagine him on the left with Barco and Mitoma.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Yep would have liked to sign him too..
But how would you have felt about JPVH looking to leave as no first team spot for him?
At the time we had little idea that JPVH would be capable of what he has since shown himself to be. Worked out well not getting Colwill I feel, but still would have liked him at the time.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Yep would have liked to sign him too..
But how would you have felt about JPVH looking to leave as no first team spot for him?
Both would have got plenty of starts under De Zerbi and Colwill would have done well in the left back / LCB role that Igor was exposed in.

This season, with no Europe and Barco signed, you'd admittedly have to choose between them and I'd be happy with either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here