• Murray

Votes: 72 77.4%
  • Djokovic

Votes: 21 22.6%

• Total voters

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Stayed up for the whole thing AND managed to wake up in time to trundle off to work. Jolly good show.

Can't believe he did it, to lose those two sets in a row in the manner he did and still have the stones to win the 5th set is remarkable mental strength.

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
Murray owes me a fee. Watched the first 2 sets, thought he had it in the bag. Went to bed, could'nt sleep so turned on T.V. By then it was 2 sets all.

Final set Murray gets his mojo back and wins superbly. All down to my viewing presence and I'll accept 10% of the match winnings!

Well done Andy.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
I have not been the man's biggest fan but his talent is absolutely unarguable, and winning a Grand Slam simply cannot be dismissed as an achievement, particularly in this era of tennis.

Congratulations to the bloke. Now he's got the hardest one won, perhaps he can go on to win a few more.

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
Went to bed after Murray was broken in the first game of the 4th set. I thought there was only going to be one winner from there. Was chuffed when I switched on the tv this morning to see that he had won.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I'm glad he won his first against Djok none of the other top three can say they won their first grand slam against another grand slam winner

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
:clap2: :clap2: Well done Andy.

Although that is a pub quiz question that can no longer be asked.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Went to bed at midnight but recorded the rest using Sky plus, at 5-2 in the deciding set the recording finished - had to wait until the highlights come on at 9AM whilst try to avoid finding out the result.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
That was a long night.....I lasted until 12.45 and then went back down to watch the tennis.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Dam i missed this... watching it in bed and fell asleep at 12:45...

I never fall asleep during sport either... arrgghhhh

Great result... thoroughly deserved..

SPOTY is truelly f***ed now... Mo, Jess, Wiggins, Murray the list goes on... Most amazing summer of sport possible...

Need europe to win the ryder cup...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So, so, SO deserved. They made a good point during the game last night: Djok, Nadal and Fed's first grand slams final wins came all against opponents who hadn't won a Slam before. Murray's NEVER had that opportunity.

He's a fantastic player in an era full of some of the best players ever. If Murray was around in Henman's time he would have multiple grand slams by now, some of his tennis last night was out of this world. Great match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here