Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Johnson out for Brighton game ?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
HampshireSeagulls said:
To be honest, I'd rather he played. At least then we won't have to go through the "yes, but we would have won if we had AJ up front", "you only won because AJ is injured", etc. It's a good excuse for the Croydonscum to throw up when they come down and get stiffed for three points.

That would be a sh*t excuse and any Palarse Scummer that tried saying that I'd put my fingers in my ears whilst reciting the score loudly

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Or just say "that'll learn you for being a one man team" :lol:

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
It doesn't really matter anyway. We've already proved that we can give some of the best teams in this division a game, so why not Palace, with or without Johnson?

He's at his best when teams push up and leave 40-50 yards for him to run on to, and we don't play like that anyway. So even if he does play, he might not be as effective as he is against some other teams...

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
Evening Standard.

Crystal Palace were remaining optimistic today as they waited for the results of a scan on Andy Johnson's knee, writes Simon Johnson.
The England striker went for tests after being injured during Tuesday's 3-2 defeat at Reading.
Ligament damage has been ruled out but Johnson is not expected to be available for Saturday's game at Cardiff.
Bob Dowie, the club's director of football, said: "We don't think it is as bad as was feared but we are not sure exactly what the problem is."
Palace are desperate to have Johnson back as he has scored six of their last 10 league goals this season.

Withnail

Jan 16, 2004
Lincoln
brighton rock said:

Bob Dowie, the club's director of football, said: "We don't think it is as bad as was feared but we are not sure exactly what the problem is."

The problem of his knees giving way in the penalty box? I think you'll find that's quite normal for him.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Quite right. There's nothing wrong with him, he just went down in the penalty area and somehow wasn't given a penalty...??

He probably hurt himself because he didn't dive properly...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here