Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

andy johnson on the up

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
The Actim Index is the new official ratings system for the Barclays Premiership, which has been statistically proven to identify the best players.

Each player earns points based on their positive actions during the game (such as shots, saves and tackles), their time on the pitch, the final match result and goals scored.

Crystal Palace striker Andrew Johnson also enjoyed his day's work, jumping two places to fifth in the process, with an overall total of 4.26, as his goal in the 3-0 win over Tottenham Hotspur earned him 0.44 for the match.

Dean Ashton marked his home Norwich City debut with the goal that sparked an amazing recovery against Middlesbrough at Carrow Road.

The £3million signing from Crewe netted 10 minutes from time before injury-time goals from Leon McKenzie and Adam Drury saw Norwich claim a 4-4 draw having been 4-1 down.

Ashton, who scored -0.05 in the Actim Index on his debut at Aston Villa, was the highest climber of the week, after a match score of 0.13 moved him 90 places to 424th with an overall index of 0.08.

Actim Index Top 10

1 T Henry Arsenal 5.91

2 F Lampard Chelsea 4.63

3 J Terry Chelsea 4.51

4 R Pires Arsenal 4.35

5 A Johnson Crystal Palace 4.26

6 S Wright-Phillips Manchester City 4.14

7 T Gravesen Everton (now Real Madrid) 4.11

8 D Duff Chelsea 4.06

9 P Scholes Manchester United 4.01

10 C Makelele Chelsea 3.93

link to site
_40685789_johnsonpen_ap300.jpg

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Ah I get it now. He's on the up because he's leaving for a better club.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Perry Milkins said:
Third Class post Croydon Blokie.

Was that you I saw rucking with the Millwall Fans outside the Cunningham on Saturday?

2 Millwall 8 Palace..woohoo
What do you mean third class?. You wouldn`t catch me within 5 miles of the cunningham let alone Addo. Not much has changed in those parts then Pezza. Sounds awesome.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Croydonbloke said:
What do you mean third class?. You wouldn`t catch me within 5 miles of the cunningham let alone Addo. Not much has changed in those parts then Pezza. Sounds awesome.

I have rated your post as third in class compared to all I have read today.

They are a tinge funnier than Paula's sorry Paulies

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here