Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Hessenthaler??

robcorrall

Feb 27, 2009
what about Andy Hessenthaler, did a good job at gills and has now almost certainly got dover promoted. bit or a risk but might work out. what do people think?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Considering we are scraping the barrel , maybe not a silly suggestion. Took gills down as well though didn't he ?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
He's done a phenomenal job at Dover, as they are miles clear this season, after he took them up last season.

However a good friend of mine is a MASSIVE Dover fan, and I don't think she'd ever speak to me again if we poached him.

robcorrall

Feb 27, 2009
he has a lot of respect within the game and is a good personality, i rekon could do a good job, i reckon he would deff take it too

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Rob - as a new poster, can I guess that you are a Dover fan, just looking to gauge opinion on Hess?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Nah - "Andy Hessenthaler's blue and white army" doesn't scan very well.

folkestonesgull

Oct 8, 2006
folkestone
I think he would be a great choice - his name has been suggested for a while and he is based relatively locally. If not he would be a great first team coach/assistant manager to someone more experienced.

Realistically Gannon was always going to be a hard target to achieve - how many people would upsticks 500 miles for a job that was not significantly better than the one you already had?

Hugh Jorgan

Jul 30, 2008
Brighton
Hessenthaler got Gillingham relegated and has a huge budget to work with at Dover (far higher than any other club in that league).

I am reasonably confident that i could get Dover promoted out of that league with the wage budget he has....

Personally i think he would be a bad choice ... we can do much better..

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Dover isn't Hessenthaler's full-time job. According to my old dear, he runs a local sports club in the Medway Towns in conjunction with another ex-Gillingham player ('Graham' somebody?). She plays bowls there most weeks and he's always there being mein host. So doubt very much he'd be lured into leaving all that behind for the Albion. Would be a brilliant choice tho, natural born leader and kept in shape so well could probably still do a job on the pitch. Hessenthaler that is, not mother of THPP.

robcorrall

Feb 27, 2009
Andy is just what we need. Tried and tested. and he is still playing for dover at 44 so we can get him in to fill the gap in the midfield. made to last

two birds with one stone

bish bash bosh

Eric Potts

Jul 26, 2004
Top o' Hanover
I remember referring to him , as a monkey-faced-pikey-twat when he was at Gillingham .
I would probably amend that description if he came to the Albion.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Dover isn't Hessenthaler's full-time job. According to my old dear, he runs a local sports club in the Medway Towns in conjunction with another ex-Gillingham player ('Graham' somebody?). She plays bowls there most weeks and he's always there being mein host. So doubt very much he'd be lured into leaving all that behind for the Albion. Would be a brilliant choice tho, natural born leader and kept in shape so well could probably still do a job on the pitch. Hessenthaler that is, not mother of THPP.

he owns it with Nicky 'trigger' Southall. A man so thick that he once super glued his hub-caps on when they kept getting nicked, only to find he couldn't get them off when he got a puncture and had to phone the AA!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here