Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Gray on Sky sports.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sky disappear up their own arses with this analysis gubbins. As soon as Andy's colourful arrows start flying all over the place, I glaze over completely and think about something more interesting, like painting the skirting boards.

The only meaningful stat is the one in the top left-hand corner.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
I am so relieved to be able to watch English matches without having to listen to the gubbins Gray and Keys come out with.

There just seems to be a lack of knowledgeable ex-pros on British TV - none of them could lace the boots of Günther Netzer or Jüurgen Klopp in Germany or Dugarry in France.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Apart from the Blackboard item Gray also annoys me by often stating when a move breaks down , that the player could have done this or that instead, its obvious and we dont want to be reminded so often,still it does help to decide when to take a toilet break.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
And another things, in the old days of the 70's (as far as I remember), all be it mainly highlights, commentators used to do just that and commentate, nowadays they seem to be bloody experts of the game and give their two pence worth... why? What gives them the right to analyse a game???? Just commentate, tell us who is passing to who and shut the fcuk up when it comes to your 'expert opinion'!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr rant over.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Listening to his voice drives me insane:angry:
He calls all the chelsea and manure players by their first name's and is proper anti arsenal,He tries to make out the premier league is out of this world by pumping it up way to much.

I despise the twat:angry:

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
I don't mind Andy Gray, there are far worse on the telly at the moment - Alan Shearer's just plain dreadful and blinkered, and don't even get me started on Mark Bright or Andy Townsend.

As already mentioned in this thread, it's a shame Gavin Peacock gave up the punditry, as he made very sharp observations as opposed to the downright plain obvious ones that most pundits come out with. I've also got a feeling that if he goes down that route when he finally retires, and judging by some of his pieces in The Observer on a Sunday, that David James may become a surprisingly good panellist or co-commentator.

I have to admit though, if Sky are ever thinking of replacing Andy Gray though, there's only one candidate:

[yt]lQZadh4ByVc&feature=related[/yt]

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
No better co-commentator ? Oh do me a favour. A couple of years ago when Liverpool were getting turned over in Italy by Fiorentina in the Champions League, I remember him comiing out with this pearler:

"Its not just Liverpool they're beating here - its a PREMIER LEAGUE side they're beating here"

:facepalm:
Struth. Its toe-curling isn't it ?

Yes, yes it is. This misguided impression that all other nations must be in awe of the Premier League. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Did I just hear someone suggesting Jamie Redknapp at the start of this thread?
:ohmy:

These are (literally) some of Jamie's finest quotes as a summariser :facepalm:

"These balls now - they literally explode off your feet."

"He's literally left Ben Haim for dead there."

“Drogba literally destroyed Senderos today.”

"He’s literally turned him inside out"

“That cross to Rooney was literally on a plate"

“Centre forwards have the ability to make time stand still. And when Chopra got the ball, it literally did just that.”

“He literally turns into a greyhound”

“Scholes has such a great footballing brain. He’ll see a picture in his head and literally paint it in front of you.”

“He had to cut back inside onto his left, because he literally hasn’t got a right foot”

“He literally chopped him in half in that challenge”

“The ball is literally glued to Messi’s boot”

“Messi literally sends people out of the stadium with his skill”

“Wayne Rooney literally destroyed Tottenham on his own.”

“He literally turned on a sixpence”

“Gerrard has been amazing. He’s literally covered every blade of grass on the pitch”

“He’s literally sold the defender a dummy”

“Martin Jol’s head is literally on the chopping block.”

“The crowd behind the goal are literally going insane.”

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
We have James Richardson in the chair with Curbs and Southgate and they do a bloody good job. Occasionally we get Andy Bell End but you can't have everything.

bollocks.

whether we like it or not sky is the daddy of football coverage.
if you support a premier league team you can watch full coverage of all your matches on (football first)
every week.
on top of that they show over 100 live matches from the other 3 divisions.
how many commentators do they have to use to cover that.
or maybe we should switch to bbc when we could watch a least 1 match a month
interrupted by the news or something else.

lets not forget andy gray has been there from day one
most football fans dont agree with the concept of sky
but have learned to live with it,i suggest we do the same with andy grey

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Did I just hear someone suggesting Jamie Redknapp at the start of this thread?
:ohmy:

These are (literally) some of Jamie's finest quotes as a summariser :facepalm:

"These balls now - they literally explode off your feet."

"He's literally left Ben Haim for dead there."

“Drogba literally destroyed Senderos today.”

"He’s literally turned him inside out"

“That cross to Rooney was literally on a plate"

“Centre forwards have the ability to make time stand still. And when Chopra got the ball, it literally did just that.”

“He literally turns into a greyhound”

“Scholes has such a great footballing brain. He’ll see a picture in his head and literally paint it in front of you.”

“He had to cut back inside onto his left, because he literally hasn’t got a right foot”

“He literally chopped him in half in that challenge”

“The ball is literally glued to Messi’s boot”

“Messi literally sends people out of the stadium with his skill”

“Wayne Rooney literally destroyed Tottenham on his own.”

“He literally turned on a sixpence”

“Gerrard has been amazing. He’s literally covered every blade of grass on the pitch”

“He’s literally sold the defender a dummy”

“Martin Jol’s head is literally on the chopping block.”

“The crowd behind the goal are literally going insane.”

I literally cant see what he has done wrong? all he is doing is literally stating what has literally happened, he clearly literally saw what he has spoken about, so he has literally explained it to literally everyone.
Edna, I literally think you are being literally unfair to him, please literally explain to me what he has done or literally said wrong, i literally dont think you like him..........literally......

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I literally cant see what he has done wrong? all he is doing is literally stating what has literally happened, he clearly literally saw what he has spoken about, so he has literally explained it to literally everyone.
Edna, I literally think you are being literally unfair to him, please literally explain to me what he has done or literally said wrong, i literally dont think you like him..........literally......

He is...not literally...an absolute SPANNER :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here