Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Never look back.

Samsung_Galaxy_S3_review_01-580-100.JPG

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the MID 703 is a generic tablet isnt it? why compare to a iphone?

im looking at such dvices myself and curious about these cheap generics, whats not impressed? anything actually wrong with it or just not as good as expected?

Benson

Jan 31, 2012
near water
What is android4.0 like compared to 2.3?

I am looking at a Sony xperia S or a T for my next phone, has anybody got any experience of either of these?

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
the MID 703 is a generic tablet isnt it? why compare to a iphone?

im looking at such dvices myself and curious about these cheap generics, whats not impressed? anything actually wrong with it or just not as good as expected?

It is not up to it, over sensative touch, difficult to scroll, lettering very feint, does not cover subjects fully, ie you tube, I player, cannot find the subjects in those categories that I want. But it really is the ultra sensative screen that is the pain, and no it's not my heavy touch. the engine is supposed to be Samsung S5PV210, ARM Cortex A8.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Currently trying to decide between an iPhone5 and a Samsung Galaxy.

I don't have an Applemac or an ipad - my choice of laptops is either a Dell or a Samsung Notebook.
My usage is mainly calls - very few texts - lots of internet including needing to access Albion's OS for seagullsplayer.
I currently don't play games or bother with you tube/videos etc and that will probably stay that way - I don't much use apps (I've got a Blackberry) but that might change and I'd like to bung a load of music on there.
I'm on Orange/EE Panther 40.

My current thought is that the Galaxy is the best bet for me - what is the percieved wisdom from NSC?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Wife has a Galaxy S3 - it's very nice. Prefer my iPhone 5, but both are perfectly good phones.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
I'm waiting to see what the LG Nexus is like when its announced on the 29th (plus how long it'll be until we actually get it).

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have had an HD desire for just over two years now. I have recently moved from contract to Sim only and £8 a month meets all my needs.

Very happy with phone but for one annoying point. It fills up very easily. I am for ever having to delete apps, pics etc to free up space, Unfortunately, the majority of the Android apps won't transfer to the SD card.

I may well opt for for a Galaxy next.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Try the HTC one x. I love mine it is cheaper to get one on a contact and it can do everything the I phone 5 can and so much more
I thought about one of those next time I upgrade but something put me off and now I can't remember what it was - is that the one with the non-removable battery or some such?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Asimo!

Hang on...

I thought about one of those next time I upgrade but something put me off and now I can't remember what it was - is that the one with the non-removable battery or some such?

Yes, apparently the battery life is shoddy (it is on most HTCs). However they've recently released the HTC One X+, which has a larger battery (it does however also have a slightly more powerful chip, which will counteract the larger battery to some degree). I'm due an upgrade in a months time and think this is what I'm going to aim for (although whether I can convince my network to give me one is a different question...).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here