Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Android for beginners

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Just took an Archos 80 g9 from my workplace home with me. My first ever Android device and I am swimming in a sea of confusion, slowly working out how things work.

One thing I'd like to know is how do I find out which version of Android is on it and another is, how do I update it to the latest version of Android it will take?

Thanks!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
My dad got a cheap giani mipal 3 android. On that there is an icon in the botom right corner, click on that to bring up a small menu, click settings. That takes you to another page and from there you can find out the android version and update. I don't know if that is going to be the same for yours, that's the only android I've ever used.

EDIT: It may have been top right, or even the right most icon on the bar in the bottom left. (sorry, not seen it in while)

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Got it! Thanks, guys. Now up to Android 4.04. Is that the latest?

I have also managed to download an app from Google Play called iLauncher to make Android look more like iOS to bring a bit of familiarity back to the tablet. I hope I don't get fired for this!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
My dad's is 4.04, but it doesn't have google play, which means he can't download proper apps. Anyone know how to sort this?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
If you can tell which version of Android you have then I can tell you how to find out which version of Android you have :thumbsup:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
If you can tell which version of Android you have then I can tell you how to find out which version of Android you have :thumbsup:

I was only able to tell because Hiney replied to my original question :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here