Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Andrew Neil Carves up Boris - a preview

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Yes, it was a bit amateur. But I'd rather have amateur behaviour on the PR front than that of the self-entitled little shit who has just pulled a flanker on him.

How very two-faced. I wonder if you recall that prior to the 2017 election, both May and Corbyn declined to attend a live session supposedly for all party leaders, only for him to turn up at the last minute, realising TM would not, and then having the brass-neck to say that if someone invites you it is only polite to attend. What is good for the goose is good for the gander or so the expression goes.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I'm less concerned about confused paragraphs and more worried about Johnson telling fibs about the border checks for Northern Ireland after BREXIT. Or him simply not knowing.

Don't worry. He's good at telling fibs and not knowing things. It's second nature to him.

Attention to detail? how tiresome.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
What the Boris Broadcasting Corporation should do , is have Neal ask his questions, and have them answered by an independent fact checker. Expose all his lies, for what they are.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
It’s not going to happen.

Avoiding Neil is much better PR wise than being ripped to shreds by him. Corbyn should never have agreed to step into the Lion’s den without being 100% sure that Bojo would do it to. Amateur.

Good decision by Boris's team. Can't think he's got anything to gain from it. Swinson will find it very tough going just like the other two. Farage will do ok, but he's got nothing to lose.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
To be fair Corbyn has no idea about Brexit whatsoever, so all calm.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
It’s not going to happen.

Avoiding Neil is much better PR wise than being ripped to shreds by him. Corbyn should never have agreed to step into the Lion’s den without being 100% sure that Bojo would do it to. Amateur.

If Corbyn hadn’t have stepped into ‘the lions den’ his detractors would have simply accused him of cowardice.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Is it good for the electorate though?
I think not, it’s biased against any leader that faces Neal now. I consider Neal a bully, unfortunately he does seem to hold great sway amongst voters. I personally would rather it was less about hiim and he actually allowed his interviewees to finish their point, before jumping in to point score.
And, yes I know, he does it to all politicians he interviews.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
What the Boris Broadcasting Corporation should do , is have Neal ask his questions, and have them answered by an independent fact checker. Expose all his lies, for what they are.

There's an independent fact checker in Twitter.

Oh...

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Difficult to come up with the best strategy to deal with an Andrew Neil interview. It's a bit like being mauled by a brown bear and after a while the best thing you can do is play dead and hope he gets bored and leaves you alone. Try and take him on and you are finished.

Watching Corbyn get disembowled live on BBC1 last night was uncomfortable viewing and should have been preceded by the warning, "The following programme contains scenes of a political career dying which some viewers may find distressing."

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Hark Now hear the Corbyn sing the Boris ran away and we will vote left forever more on this Election Day

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
Just watched the Nicola Sturgeon interview with AN on catch up, having watched JC the night before. I thought she handled the interview far better than JC.

I am convinced that BJ will get a massive grilling tonight. Can't see him having the answers to come out of the interview looking credible. I guess the conservatives only hope that he looks less shit that JC. Mind you I am not sure what he could do or say to look worse than JC did last night. We are about to find out.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Just watched the Nicola Sturgeon interview with AN on catch up, having watched JC the night before. I thought she handled the interview far better than JC.

I am convinced that BJ will get a massive grilling tonight. Can't see him having the answers to come out of the interview looking credible. I guess the conservatives only hope that he looks less shit that JC. Mind you I am not sure what he could do or say to look worse than JC did last night. We are about to find out.

We're not.

He's bottling it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Is it good for the electorate though?
I think not, it’s biased against any leader that faces Neal now. I consider Neal a bully, unfortunately he does seem to hold great sway amongst voters. I personally would rather it was less about hiim and he actually allowed his interviewees to finish their point, before jumping in to point score.
And, yes I know, he does it to all politicians he interviews.

Neil isn't a bully - he's a waffle-filter. When his interviewee start going off-piste with their answers, he immediately shuts them down, brings them back to the question, and asks for an answer to it. Several times if necessary. Too many politicians get an easy ride by being allowed to give a rambling answer, wandering off on a completely different tangent towards an answer to a question that wasn't even asked. I like that Neil is aggressive and belligerent.

He still might not get an answer to his repeated questions, as his victim squirms on a hook, but that at least enables us to pass our own judgement when they basically refuse to address a question with a straight answer, despite being given ample opportunity to do so.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Barry Gardiner getting ripped apart.

It's brilliant isn't it? I can now see why the Roman loved the Colosseum so much :lolol:

I feel harsh for judging them enjoying watching people get ripped to bits by today's standards now. You want to look away, but you can't. It's addictive.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Boris Johnson. The Leaver’s hero. Can’t deliver Brexit. Doesn’t have the guts to appear on serious TV.
Pretty representative of Brexiteers. Gutless liars.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Barry Gardiner's body now being dragged out the studio by two production assistants and fresh sawdust being thrown on the floor. Who's next?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Neil isn't a bully - he's a waffle-filter. When his interviewee start going off-piste with their answers, he immediately shuts them down, brings them back to the question, and asks for an answer to it. Several times if necessary. Too many politicians get an easy ride by being allowed to give a rambling answer, wandering off on a completely different tangent towards an answer to a question that wasn't even asked. I like that Neil is aggressive and belligerent.

He still might not get an answer to his repeated questions, as his victim squirms on a hook, but that at least enables us to pass our own judgement when they basically refuse to address a question with a straight answer, despite being given ample opportunity to do so.

He is a bully, and what is more, he’s not a patch on Paxman or Walden.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here