Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andrew Moran

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Hopefully he can be a key player in the Championship this season, or his Brighton future is looking a bit gloomy.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
When we signed him we were in the Champ? About to go up to PL? Seems like he has every chance of a Champ career or stumbling by in a PL squad someday, but we've rather moved on in the past 6 or 7 years so must be super tough for these types of kids who'll be great players with long careers. If one in ten can make our team though that's excellent and he was certainly a name to watch a few years back.

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
Anyone know how Blackburn fans viewed him? Saw him play a few times and looked tidy but if he was majorly impressive you’d have thought Blackburn would have been all over sig int him again..?
A friend & journalist who really know his footy was very disappointed in him. The feeling was his attitude was off.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
When we signed him we were in the Champ? About to go up to PL? Seems like he has every chance of a Champ career or stumbling by in a PL squad someday, but we've rather moved on in the past 6 or 7 years so must be super tough for these types of kids who'll be great players with long careers. If one in ten can make our team though that's excellent and he was certainly a name to watch a few years back.
Agreed - the level is so high now at the Albion it’d take something special for someone to break through IMO

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Mark Beard who used to do the u18s, once told me that Ferguson and Moran were the 2.

Going to the top. So i am inclined to think Moran has the ability. Of course there are other factors.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Mark Beard who used to do the u18s, once told me that Ferguson and Moran were the 2.

Going to the top. So i am inclined to think Moran has the ability. Of course there are other factors.
I think TB said the same at a Seagulls Over London meeting a year or two back.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Not sure about that one. Decent manager but Stoke seem to just be shit every season no matter who the manager is and they change manager once or twice every year.

Good luck to him though and hopefully he will make the difference.
And this is why I was unsure whether Stoke was a good move for him - they’ve just sacked their manager already 🤦‍♂️

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
And this is why I was unsure whether Stoke was a good move for him - they’ve just sacked their manager already 🤦‍♂️
It's a new experience for the lad from which he will only benefit. Most I am sure will have all had similar work situations where bosses are removed and replaced. We may not realise it at the time but we certainly would have and should have learnt from it. All part of life's very rich tapestry.

TNBA

TTF

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Bit hasty? 13th. place with 6 points ain't bad - and two of their three defeats were against top teams Watford and West Brom. 39% win rate since he's bee there ain't bad either. Oh well, it's their business - all we need to be concerned about is what the new manager will do with Moran.

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
Sporting Director - Jon Walters.
Caretaker Manager - Ryan Shawcross.

I'm not convinced he's learning too much about the style of football Brighton play, but it won't hurt him to be exposed to a different style of football. I don't think he'll be there for the full season if they stick with Shawcross longer term though.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Sporting Director - Jon Walters.
Caretaker Manager - Ryan Shawcross.

I'm not convinced he's learning too much about the style of football Brighton play, but it won't hurt him to be exposed to a different style of football. I don't think he'll be there for the full season if they stick with Shawcross longer term though.
Stoke fans not at all happy - but the owners are going for a foreign manager (Norwich's Spanish first team coach) so that'll obviously be alright then! :facapalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here