Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andrew Crofts

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I thought he was our best player last night. He added an extra body whenever and wherever it was needed, his dummy and a few of his passes were top class and he put in a couple of hefty challenges

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Fingers crossed I'll be writing a similar thread, re Noone in about October.

Dec 29, 2011
Coming from the Premier League he obvious is a bit bigger than the rest of our boys. It's just like West Ham last year who were still almost a Premier League outfit. They were HUGE, not just height but width too. Maybe we need to bulk our players up a bit. I mean, Noone would get raped in the Premier League, he's just skin and bones.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
Coming from the Premier League he obvious is a bit bigger than the rest of our boys. It's just like West Ham last year who were still almost a Premier League outfit. They were HUGE, not just height but width too. Maybe we need to bulk our players up a bit. I mean, Noone would get raped in the Premier League, he's just skin and bones.

Problem is, once you starting bulking players like Noone up they loose their agility and effectively making them a worse player. Then again, you have some players that thrive from It like Ronaldo. Joined United as a gangly Portuguese boy, few season later he is hench as f*** and probably one of the strongest and most dangerous players in the league.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
and Barnes. And CMS.
I doubt I've ever entered into a conversation about Barnes.
Considering the rep he has on here, he's probably my most ambivalent player :shrug:.

I hope I'm proven right on CMS.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Problem is, once you starting bulking players like Noone up they loose their agility and effectively making them a worse player. Then again, you have some players that thrive from It like Ronaldo. Joined United as a gangly Portuguese boy, few season later he is hench as f*** and probably one of the strongest and most dangerous players in the league.

I agree 100% - it really depends on the player/their position as to whether or not, with the default stance of "bigger & bulkier is better" somewhat outdated these days (Stoke or any Sam Allardyce team anyone?). You wouldn't really want to see a bulked up Messi lose his flair would you?

Londoncalling

Jul 20, 2012
Brilliant player and brings the hustle in the midfield we need. Agree, I enjoyed that crunch on Bellamy also. Does any else think that Crofts looks a tiny bit like Martin Keown?

Where you been, all over web last year Keown and Crofts were separated at birth

Edgefield

Edgefield
Jul 20, 2008
London
_62074888_andrewcroftsgetty.jpg

I'd like to take this moment to publicly state: I was wrong about Andrew Crofts, and I apologise.

I always gave him a hard time when he was with us first time round, and was surprised a side such as Norwich showed interest in him.

Now that he's back, I can see what we were missing from him in his absence. Welcome back Andrew.

Also, thanks for crunching in on Bellamy. That was immensely enjoyable to see.

I cant really see the purpose of this thread, it was obvious when we lost Crofts, like when we lost Bennett and then Murray we lost something of real quality which would be so difficult to replace. We've got one back dont think we've replaced other two, despite the hysteria surrounding vicente, (who incidentally was horribly misused last night); thus the concern about goals moving on from end of last season into the beginning of this...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I cant really see the purpose of this thread, it was obvious when we lost Crofts, like when we lost Bennett and then Murray we lost something of real quality which would be so difficult to replace. We've got one back dont think we've replaced other two, despite the hysteria surrounding vicente, (who incidentally was horribly misused last night); thus the concern about goals moving on from end of last season into the beginning of this...

It's quite obvious from my original post what the point of this thread is...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It takes a brave man to admit he is wrong.

I await a similar post for your England views :wink:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
You're missing his point a little, I think.

Messi is incredibly strong for a small man. Noone, for example, is not.

The point as I see it is that some players do benefit from bulking up, but others may not (if what makes them a good player is compromised by the bulk) and that the idea that all players would benefit by being more muscular is outdated. I'm not for saying that Messi isn't strong for his size, but would you want him to be bulkier if he lost some of his zip?

Noone may win more 50:50 challenges if he got bigger & stronger, but if he lost some of his pace & agility because of it, would he be a better player? However, if you could guarantee that none of our players would lose any of their pace / agility / zip / flair / whatever you want to call it; then I'd say beef the f***ers up for sure! Imagine Barcelona, with all their skill, but the size of Stoke! :ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here