Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andorra v England

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Nugent looked sharp and looked beter then Rooney & Johnson together. Should start in a game like that, good in the air, laid Dyer through aswell.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Well, a game of 2 halves there. Full marks to Gerrard for dragging us out of the mire, but was I the only one to cringe at his over-the-top celebration after our 1st goal on 53 minutes?

Stevie, just remember, while you're training full time and picking up your £100K per week these guys are waiting tables, delivering post and selling life insurance.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Well what can you say?

We won, they cheated Rooney was shite again - cole was lucky to stay on pitch.

Regardless of who you are playing a 3-0 win away is always a good result.

However saying that changes are needed.

Tactics had been wrong and didnt get the ball wide enough.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Pavilionaire said:
Well, a game of 2 halves there. Full marks to Gerrard for dragging us out of the mire, but was I the only one to cringe at his over-the-top celebration after our 1st goal on 53 minutes?

Stevie, just remember, while you're training full time and picking up your £100K per week these guys are waiting tables, delivering post and selling life insurance.

think the celebration was more relief.

i would actually be put out if we didnt celebrate. yes andorra are poo. but its still an international match.

ps i knew nugent would score. he did mopre in 5 mins than rooney did the whole match. Johnson did well considering an amazing lack of service.

the most obvious thing about this game was the change of tactics second half. you just know mclaren told them to shoot on site.....and it worked

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Kinky Gerbils said:
Well what can you say?

We won, they cheated Rooney was shite again - cole was lucky to stay on pitch.

Regardless of who you are playing a 3-0 win away is always a good result.

However saying that changes are needed.

Tactics had been wrong and didnt get the ball wide enough.

true. especially when lennon(pace) and downing(crossing) have different qualities which can mix it up a bit.

what pissed me off was lennon has clearkly been told to cut inside. GOD DAMMIT, LET HIM STAY WIDE AND RUN.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
The last two games I think I saw the ball crossed from the touch line twice. All other balls into the box were diagonal.

We are the easiest team to defend against in the WORLD.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Juan Albion said:
That's how England have got away with being so bad for so long. There's a long list of games that they have played the most awful boring football you could hope to see but scraped a jammy win or qualified at the last moment and people let them off.

And how did we do that? 2 words:

DAVID BECKHAM!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Temporary Slim Bars said:
And how did we do that? 2 words:

DAVID BECKHAM!

get him back

the thing lennon has over beckham is pace. but if were not even going to encourage him to run down the wing then thats USELESS. get backs in and then make him and downing cross CONTINUOUSLY to CROUCHY BABY, and NUGENT in the centre.

that would be footballing SEX

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:
get him back

the thing lennon has over beckham is pace. but if were not even going to encourage him to run down the wing then thats USELESS. get backs in and then make him and downing cross CONTINUOUSLY to CROUCHY BABY, and NUGENT in the centre.

that would be footballing SEX

or stick him in the middle

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here