Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andone

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I think most would accept that Maupay is our best striker (although some on here have delighted in putting the boot in for months). The question is who else?

Connolly? Locadia? Andone?

Who do you see as the most likely to put in a real shift and score goals?

Sadly none of them, we wait with baited breath for the January window to see what uncle Tony will get us....
I fear nothing though....

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
None of those 3.

In an ideal world I would concur.

But they are your options for this purpose. I think most of us would prefer a new addition but we have needed a top quality striker for quite a while but haven't managed to get one (aside from sicknote Welbeck). So assuming we are unsuccessful again, which of the three options would you rather have as our back-up to Maupay?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
In an ideal world I would concur.

But they are your options for this purpose. I think most of us would prefer a new addition but we have needed a top quality striker for quite a while but haven't managed to get one (aside from sicknote Welbeck). So assuming we are unsuccessful again, which of the three options would you rather have as our back-up to Maupay?

Well Andone is on a season loan, so he's out. Locadia or Connolly we have any way. So transfer market is next best option

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Well Andone is on a season loan, so he's out. Locadia or Connolly we have any way. So transfer market is next best option
Andone's loan can be ripped up in 2 weeks time, and some reports are that this will happen.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Andone's loan can be ripped up in 2 weeks time, and some reports are that this will happen.

Really? What reports? I refuse to believe he will rejoin the squad.

Lets look at it another way. Brighton sign a striker in January that has the following:

- 2 Major injuries in recent years.
- Grand total of 0 goals in La Liga this season, and 1 goal against a 3rd division Spanish Team.
- Reports of disruptive behaviour in the squad, seen fighting in nightclubs.

Whats the fans reaction to this news? The bloke is a waste of space and should be no where near the club.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

Lets look at it another way. Brighton sign a striker in January that has the following:

- Grand total of 0 goals in La Liga this season, and 1 goal against a 3rd division Spanish Team.

Whats the fans reaction to this news? The bloke is a waste of space and should be no where near the club.

I think you misunderstood the statement.
Cadiz want to cancel the loan - not us recalling him, because we want him back.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/19705878.brightons-florin-andone-favour-loan-cadiz/

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Well Andone's loan being terminated and him rejoining the squad are 2 different things.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Another case of a players ability improving beyond reality while he doesn’t play. He don’t want to be here, the club are happy for him to play elsewhere it’s time to move on

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Connolly 5 in 45 in senior matches of which 21 (45%) were starts

Andone 4 in 26 of which 17 (65%) were starts

But you know best as always.

Stats don't always tell the full story. Connolly is still only 21 and with room to improve, Andone is 28 and with a serious history of injuries. I'd still rather have Connolly around.

I'd also say the same thing I've said a thousand times. Watching the game on Wednesday, Connolly was off the shoulder of their last defender making runs constantly and barely once did one of our midfielders look for him. Our midfielders play with Connolly like they play with Maupay and his strengths are different. It's like replacing Murray with CMS and expecting the same results without changing the system.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Another case of a players ability improving beyond reality while he doesn’t play. He don’t want to be here, the club are happy for him to play elsewhere it’s time to move on

Yup, same thing over and over again. Last season when Glenn Murray was eating his Werthers Originals while sitting by his walking frame next to the Watford bench people thought "this guy - this guy would definitely score 20 goals for us in the Premier League".

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Stats don't always tell the full story. Connolly is still only 21 and with room to improve, Andone is 28 and with a serious history of injuries. I'd still rather have Connolly around.

I'd also say the same thing I've said a thousand times. Watching the game on Wednesday, Connolly was off the shoulder of their last defender making runs constantly and barely once did one of our midfielders look for him. Our midfielders play with Connolly like they play with Maupay and his strengths are different. It's like replacing Murray with CMS and expecting the same results without changing the system.

I always felt sorry for CMS over this - he could have been so good for us if we'd played to his strengths.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
We are so short of good striker options that, as things stand, he would be a much better option than either Connolly or Locadia.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I've always liked Andone - + you'd have thought that Potter, with his Emotional Intelligence expertise, wouldn't have had any problem with managing his personality. Sadly Andone's personality traits seem to be beyond textbook EI tuition.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
I've always liked Andone - + you'd have thought that Potter, with his Emotional Intelligence expertise, wouldn't have had any problem with managing his personality. Sadly Andone's personality traits seem to be beyond textbook EI tuition.
I liked Andone, but was sitting about ten yards away in the lower stand when he did that horror tackle against Southampton. Clearly from that point onwards Potter decided he wasn't a player he wanted to deal with.
I actually believe that tackle ruined his career, (along with a bad knee injury of course) because I suspect he might have been able to get 8-10 goals a season for us if he had stayed

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
[emoji599] Florin Andone is set to return to #BHAFC & have his loan terminated in January, according to Cadiz president Manuel Vizcaíno.

[emoji860] “Our objective is for him to leave. He gives everything in training & he has the footballing level. But maybe his head is not good enough.”

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Baffling that the man seemingly cannot think to himself that a good attitude could save his career from dwindling to nothing. Strange one.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Baffling that the man seemingly cannot think to himself that a good attitude could save his career from dwindling to nothing. Strange one.

Its not easy though. Players from wealthy countries often struggle with attitude when they suddenly find themselves bathing in money. Coming from a quite poor country, like Andone does, its probably even harder.

Too bad it didnt work out in Cadiz, would have been the best for everyone involved.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
[emoji599] Florin Andone is set to return to #BHAFC & have his loan terminated in January, according to Cadiz president Manuel Vizcaíno.

[emoji860] “Our objective is for him to leave. He gives everything in training & he has the footballing level. But maybe his head is not good enough.”

The prodigal son returns

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here