Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andone

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Oh ok, the way I read your earlier post made it sound like he was punching out team mates at training.

Btw his goal against CP is THE greatest ever Albion goal in my book, so I rated him highly.

The turning point for me was handing rivals Stains three points, over nothing, when he already had form with his temper. I’d guess to force through his move overseas. Hard to stomach.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
You'd have Murray & Gyokeres ahead of a fit Andone?

For me, if he changed his attitude and wanted to stay, he'd be second choice behind Maupay until we get in that elusive striker this window

i'd argue he is as good as Maupay.

Both slightly different, they are the best 2 strikers in the club for sure

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Maupay and Andone could be the deadliest attack in the bottom half not just because of the goals they score.. I hope he sorts his attitude out and comes back because he's the type of striker we need fast, great control, good in the air. And would save us money.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Maupay and Andone could be the deadliest attack in the bottom half not just because of the goals they score.. I hope he sorts his attitude out and comes back because he's the type of striker we need fast, great control, good in the air. And would save us money.

Or the top half!

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Damagingly unpredictable - assaults on WBA and Stains players. Completely needless, the second altered a three pointer where we were taking Stains apart. Guess what, zero points.

Disruptive - Paul Hayward’s tweet wouldn’t be based on a figment of his imagination. He’s a true journalist.

In Andone's defence, he was new to English football where defenders are known to 'dish it out' far more than in Spain. Andone was just giving as good as he got, unfortunately he just wasn't very subtle.

With regards to the Bernado incident, of course he was pissed off, a kick to the calf could cause an injury.

Also, I think Haywood was referring to the time in training when Andone left one on Murray causing him to miss a match. That didn't make him very popular, but it happens at all clubs.

All in all, nothing too horrendous and certainly not crimes that can't be forgiven, as long as he learns from them.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
I actually think Andone suits our style of play quite well. All the things he's good at- aggression, pressing, pace and work rate would be useful in this team. To be honest he's quite a similar type of player to Connolly but I think he provides slightly more of a goal threat

Andone and Maupay would also be a right couple of bell ends up front.

Really hope him and Potter can patch up whatever happened last season

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Andone for what he could achieve at his best for 90 minutes on the pitch I'd have in a heartbeat.

Andone for what you have to put up with for the rest of the week in training, the potential red cards and self pitying, not worth the above.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
In Andone's defence, he was new to English football where defenders are known to 'dish it out' far more than in Spain. Andone was just giving as good as he got, unfortunately he just wasn't very subtle.

With regards to the Bernado incident, of course he was pissed off, a kick to the calf could cause an injury.

Also, I think Haywood was referring to the time in training when Andone left one on Murray causing him to miss a match. That didn't make him very popular, but it happens at all clubs.

All in all, nothing too horrendous and certainly not crimes that can't be forgiven, as long as he learns from them.

I would love to have him back in first team contention but it may be a test too far of Potter's managerial ability to rehabilitate him successfully back into the team.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Andone for what he could achieve at his best for 90 minutes on the pitch I'd have in a heartbeat.

Andone for what you have to put up with for the rest of the week in training, the potential red cards and self pitying, not worth the above.

Don't give up on him yet.

Sir Alex never gave up on Eric Cantona. Brendon Rodgers never gave up on Luis Suarez. Dot Cotton never gave up on Nick.

Now's the time for Graham to show what that Master's in leadership and emotional intelligence can do.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
And it's all very well winning "nicest club of the year" all the time, but we're competing with Burnley, Sheff U and Palace with hard, dirty, cheating players. At some point you need to have players who can give some back. A players who opponents genuinely believe to be a psycho, whether he is or isn't is a very useful thing to have

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I agree with what others have said, he's got so much to add, is a willing runner and a good scorer. I do think the Bernardo incident played a part in riling him up pre-match but he was always, always, a minimum of a yellow card waiting to happen. He's very much a player that plays at the edge of sanity. If those sharp edges could be tamed, he'd be a hell of a player.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Btw his goal against CP is THE greatest ever Albion goal in my book, so I rated him highly.

The turning point for me was handing rivals Stains three points, over nothing, when he already had form with his temper. I’d guess to force through his move overseas. Hard to stomach.

I may be in a minority of one but I still think the red card was harsh and that he was trying to control the ball and the Saints players leg got in the way.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Anyone know how his recovery from the knee ligament injury is going? I heard he should be fit by the end of the year but anybody know anything more concrete?

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I may be in a minority of one but I still think the red card was harsh and that he was trying to control the ball and the Saints players leg got in the way.

I also think the outrage on that red card was overplayed - he was clearly trying to spin round over the ball to shield it, rather than doing a very fancy stamp. Still a red card for the lack of control, though.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Are we certain he was referring to his popularity in the dressing room, and not his popularity with the fans after costing us the points against Saints?

Certainly got some hints on Instagram that he wasn't a very popular character when he left. I remember contrasting the messages for Balogun on his leaving - full of other Albion players messaging good luck and positive messages, "liking" the picture etc. Locadia also received a number of positive messages when his loan was announced, which surprised me slightly given his often-dreadful body language on the pitch for us.

There was absolutely nothing on Andone's when he announced the switch to Galatasaray - complete silence from the rest of the squad.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I agree with what others have said, he's got so much to add, is a willing runner and a good scorer. I do think the Bernardo incident played a part in riling him up pre-match but he was always, always, a minimum of a yellow card waiting to happen. He's very much a player that plays at the edge of sanity. If those sharp edges could be tamed, he'd be a hell of a player.

That is what we bought from Depor. I thought he was precisely what we needed, while accepting that he would miss matches through suspension. Disappointing spell really given that you can see what he is capable of. Underused arguably, he would definitely think so.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Certainly got some hints on Instagram that he wasn't a very popular character when he left. I remember contrasting the messages for Balogun on his leaving - full of other Albion players messaging good luck and positive messages, "liking" the picture etc. Locadia also received a number of positive messages when his loan was announced, which surprised me slightly given his often-dreadful body language on the pitch for us.

There was absolutely nothing on Andone's when he announced the switch to Galatasaray - complete silence from the rest of the squad.

Wow. That's so disappointing. I really think he can add something on the pitch, but if all the other players think he's a nobber then so be it.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
That is what we bought from Depor. I thought he was precisely what we needed, while accepting that he would miss matches through suspension. Disappointing spell really given that you can see what he is capable of. Underused arguably, he would definitely think so.

I agree. I think that's what's most frustrating, you can clearly see the player he could be so the fact he never quite reached those heights was disappointing. That said, I do feel like he was being given a chance this season until the sending off.

The problem Andone had under Hughton was that he could only really fit in one "loose cannon" in the side and it was usually Knockaert. It wasn't a big surprise to see Knockaert, Locadia and Andone being the first out the door after Potter came in on account of their unreliability and ill-discipline, but I still think he'd have kept Andone if it wasn't for the red.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here