Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"And Tonight's Official Pretendance is... "

The way to report attendances is the way they do in Italy. For example:-

Tabellini | A.C. SIENA Sito Ufficiale

Siena 1 - 0 Bologna

Spettatori: paganti 1.311, incasso di 16.119,33 euro; abbonati 6.869 per una quota di 47.386,25 euro; totale spettatori 8.180, incasso di 63.505,58 euro.

Or, in English:-

Spectators: paying 1,311 (€16,119.33); season ticket holders 6,869 (valued at €47,386.25); total 8,180 (total takings €63,505.58)

The season ticket figure is constant for every match, btw - so it doesn't reflect actual attendances, just tickets sold. These figures also give an idea of the discount that season ticket holders enjoy. The average season ticket holder pays €6.90 per game; the average match-by-match ticket costs €12.30.

Match-by-match tickets vary in cost from €10 to €45.

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
This reminds me of the story a friend who managed a supermarket - Tesco I think - told me about a major fraud case involving one of their other branches. They were certain that the manager was creaming off money but couldn't work out how. Half the shoppers were actually head office spies at one stage and they still couldn't work it out. Eventually they discovered what had happened. The manager, entirely at his own expense, had had an additional check-out installed in a space at the end of the row. It cost him thousands but the returns were awesome.

And Belloti and Archer had an additional turnstile opened at the NW corner at the Goldstone I heard and pocketed the cash.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Are you saying that the announced figure for those cup games was the actual attendance, rather than tickets sold? What makes you think that? (I'm not calling you a liar, but it's the first I've heard of it).

Well its more of a "true" figure anyway. Having paid extra for a cup game, you probably will go to it unless you like throwing money away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here