Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

And so it begins..

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I'm not a spook, I'm not breaching any OSA either. Believe me I know what I can post and what I can't post. All I have told you is that I work in CT. That covers a pretty broad spectrum. You get so called experts telling you more on Sky news than I've told you on here.

So tell us what you can. How will this impact your line of work?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I know its not the UK on its own. If you were someone who has had to deal with repercussions of similar situations, you might not be so gung ho.

'gung-ho'......????????????????????

Who's saying I'm gung-ho.....? Someone tells you to 'get a grip' and you interpret them as being 'gung-ho'. Whatever you are in your real/imaginery life, you also come across as f***ing idiot. Add that to your impressive CV.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
So tell us what you can. How will this impact your line of work?

If you look back at most of the 'plots' over the last few years i.e. planning to using limos as vehicle borne devices, storing of 400 kilos of fertiliser to make I.E.D's, the use of liquid explosives disguised as drinks, Glasgow Airport, Haymarket, 7/7, 21/7. The motive for all of these has been retaliation for our involvement in conflicts such as Iraq and Afghanistan. Even references made to the Crusades!

Most of the perpetrators have been British Nationals, some of these people have travelled to areas such as North West Pakistan for training and then returned to the UK. Any sought of conflict with Libya may well galvanise support for these individuals an aid recruitment. That in itself will have an increased demand on the resources of those agencies who deal with this, Whether that be Police, Military or Security Services. The current threat state for the country is severe. Attacking Libya will not help change that.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Why not Bharian as well and while we at it serveal African nations, Uzbeistan, the list is endlees. Oops I forgot, Libya has Oil!
Muppet........... Sierra Leone, Bosnia, kosovo,.... any oil?... errr errm... NO,.... :angry:

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Regardless of your personal opinion on the wisdom of bombing Libya there is a simple difference with Iraq, namely that action has been explicitly authorised by a UN Security Council resolution, while the Iraq invasion was not.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I've worked in Counter Terrorism for the last 8 years.

really? then you would know that aircraft based Harriers would have nothing to do with this, as Typhoons and Tornados from mediterranean bases are a better option, and that the arab league is in support of this action.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
When the US, I mean UN make a decision they usually follow it through. Await the noose for Gaddafi in a similar vein to Saddam... I just wish to f*** we could stay out of it for once.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I dont understand, why do peaceful protesters that need our protection have military aircraft and automatic weapons?

Are we protecting peaceful protesters? or are we taking sides in an internal civil conflict?

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I am gutted that we are getting involved in another Middle East issue whatever the rights and wrongs of the situation, this is a civil war and to get involved is a no win situation, you are going to piss off half the country whatever transpires, it does always seem that oil is the deciding factor, Mugabe must be pissing himself laughing at his impunity. What happens if the situation escalates in Bahrain, Yemen and any other tinder box country ready to explode. The Middle East is in a period of change and in a perfect world they would sort it out without interference from the western world as happened in Egypt and Tunisia, this now cannot happen in Libya and now Gaddafi can hold up his hands and say he is being attacked and oppressed by the West. We moved to the UAE last year so obviously have a vested interest in stability in the Middle East although so far it has not impacted on us. Its a sad world we live in and with the problems in the UK the last thing the country needs is to spending money on financing military action on Libya when they can't even afford to provide for the troops in Afghanistan.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Most of the perpetrators have been British Nationals, some of these people have travelled to areas such as North West Pakistan for training and then returned to the UK. Any sought of conflict with Libya may well galvanise support for these individuals an aid recruitment. That in itself will have an increased demand on the resources of those agencies who deal with this, Whether that be Police, Military or Security Services. The current threat state for the country is severe. Attacking Libya will not help change that.

First thing i thought when i heard we were going in....another country we've pissed off and we'll have to we'll have to be alert for more terrorists

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Last edited:

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
really? then you would know that aircraft based Harriers would have nothing to do with this, as Typhoons and Tornados from mediterranean bases are a better option, and that the arab league is in support of this action.

My point being that all the recent cuts including Harriers, ships, military budgets etc is hardly a good time to start spunking even more money in this type of conflict when assets are stretched to the limit.

What is the matter with some of you on here? Is it that inconceivable that someone can be an Albion fan, post on here and work in my particular field? I merely made a comment to the original thread as I have some knowledge on the subject just as I would expect those in the know or correct profession to comment on stadium building, planning issues and many other topical issues that appear on this board.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Muppet........... Sierra Leone, Bosnia, kosovo,.... any oil?... errr errm... NO,.... :angry:
Yes but he is stating that we get 14% or so of our oil from Libya unlike most of the other countries we,ve gone into.

It really is time we stopped going into countries and bombing them as this country is crippled as it is.I will be interested to see what happens in other simular countries???

ryeseagull

Feb 26, 2009
United States
My point being that all the recent cuts including Harriers, ships, military budgets etc is hardly a good time to start spunking even more money in this type of conflict when assets are stretched to the limit.

What is the matter with some of you on here? Is it that inconceivable that someone can be an Albion fan, post on here and work in my particular field? I merely made a comment to the original thread as I have some knowledge on the subject just as I would expect those in the know or correct profession to comment on stadium building, planning issues and many other topical issues that appear on this board.

This is precisely why the Tories need to take a lead on the issue. They want to prove to/deceive (delete as appropriate) the British electorate into thinking the military cuts have not affected Britain's geopolitical standing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here