Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

And now the end is near.........

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
It always seems to be about funding. Refering to one of the backers [sic] complaining they are not being given enough money;

"they could not be sure Pride Organisers would give them the funding they needed."

"Adequate funding, promised on 10 February 2010 at a Brighton Pride community forum meeting, has still not been finalised. If we proceed, we run the risk of incurring debts"

Why does it need funding? If it is popular, and people want to attend it, then charge them a reasonable amount, and let it pay its way. If it is so worthless that no-one wants to pay for it, then why should it be going ahead anyway.

It's not just about Brighton Pride, it's about so many things these days. Organisations asking for, demanding and expecting handouts to fund events/shows/functions that are incabable of supporting themselves financially. There is a reason for this, it's becasue there is not enough demand for your function/event/show, so why not go and find something constructive to do with your time? Or, just a thought, how about you go earn enough money to put on the event/show/function if it is so important to you? If that was a business, then it would go bust, simply because it is not good enough at what it does to generate income.

matt

Mar 19, 2007
I agree Mr Superphil. If the organisers haven't worked out a way to make this a self-funding event by now then maybe they should move on to something else.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
My dear HB&Inbred, I can't see why you make this another one of your personal hobby horses tbh. Besides, who gives a f*** what you think? You wouldn't go to the game even if it was at home, so I really don't understand why you feel the need to bore us all to death with your petit prejudices. Maybe you should take up a new hobby?

Anyway, do have yourself a pleasant day. :wave:

D

Deleted User X18H

My dear HB&Inbred, I can't see why you make this another one of your personal hobby horses tbh. Besides, who gives a f*** what you think? You wouldn't go to the game even if it was at home, so I really don't understand why you feel the need to bore us all to death with your petit prejudices. Maybe you should take up a new hobby?

Anyway, do have yourself a pleasant day. :wave:

You're right even though for the 15th year running I have purchased a season ticket I probably wouldn't go I 'd use that particular ticket to prop the dining room table its wobbly you see, terrible when you have jelly at dinner parties.

Don't now how I will cope with a Falmer smart card could use it to break in somewhere I suppose like the use to in the films!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Why cant they make it pay on the day or flog discount advance tickets ?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
You're right even though for the 15th year running I have purchased a season ticket I probably wouldn't go I 'd use that particular ticket to prop the dining room table its wobbly you see, terrible when you have jelly at dinner parties.

Don't now how I will cope with a Falmer smart card could use it to break in somewhere I suppose like the use to in the films!

So shall I take it that the real reason for you having a big cob on (concerning the opening game) is down to the fact you don't attend away games? If so, why the hell didn't you say that in the first place - without making some half-baked reference to Pride going tits up (when it clearly isn't)??

Honestly, talk about a Drama Queen... :lolol:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Why cant they make it pay on the day or flog discount advance tickets ?

That would make sense. In fact I would go as far as to say I think that would be the best compromise for the yes to pride/no to pride argument. Maybe just maybe it can go back to what its really about and not an excuse to get shitfaced "because its pride".

Besides there are other prides up and down the country so go to one of those instead if you want a "freebie"?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Didn't party in the park try the same ? started off free, and was well attended, but when they stated charging people became disinterested.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Didn't party in the park try the same ? started off free, and was well attended, but when they stated charging people became disinterested.

Exactly. Time to stand up and be counted. If people are REALLY all for it then they WILL pay.

Without generalising too much (ok I am) but homosexuals tend to have more disposable income the so called pink pound. And others that wish to join well even if was say £10 or £20 thats not too pricey for most incomes.

Besides you pay to attend most events anyway so whats the difference? You can still bring your own booze instead of having rip off merchants there is another compromise.

The cost of the ticket can also go someway to pay for the clean up, which is quite frankly DISGUSTING the state of the park afterwards.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Besides I WANT the FIRST game of the new season next year to be a falmer. Not he second but the FIRST. Against PALACE. :clap2: :clap2:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It always seems to be about funding. Refering to one of the backers [sic] complaining they are not being given enough money;

"they could not be sure Pride Organisers would give them the funding they needed."

"Adequate funding, promised on 10 February 2010 at a Brighton Pride community forum meeting, has still not been finalised. If we proceed, we run the risk of incurring debts"

Why does it need funding? If it is popular, and people want to attend it, then charge them a reasonable amount, and let it pay its way. If it is so worthless that no-one wants to pay for it, then why should it be going ahead anyway.

It's not just about Brighton Pride, it's about so many things these days. Organisations asking for, demanding and expecting handouts to fund events/shows/functions that are incabable of supporting themselves financially. There is a reason for this, it's becasue there is not enough demand for your function/event/show, so why not go and find something constructive to do with your time? Or, just a thought, how about you go earn enough money to put on the event/show/function if it is so important to you? If that was a business, then it would go bust, simply because it is not good enough at what it does to generate income.

Irrespective of funding for Brighton Pride, are you genuinely complaining about organisations seeking funding. If so, perhaps we should check the accounts for Falmer and give back any grants that have been allocated because Mr Bloom has deep pockets. I think, for example, we got £5.3m from SEEDA towards the infrastructure. There's probably many more.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Irrespective of funding for Brighton Pride, are you genuinely complaining about organisations seeking funding. If so, perhaps we should check the accounts for Falmer and give back any grants that have been allocated because Mr Bloom has deep pockets. I think, for example, we got £5.3m from SEEDA towards the infrastructure. There's probably many more.

'We' (as in the Albion, or the fans, or Tony Bloom, or Dick Knight), didn't see that money.

It went from SEEDA, direct to Brighton & Hove City Council; the latter were/are the clients for the contract, not the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here