Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

And another moan: the stupid callers to Radio 5 Live

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Why oh why does every fecking caller start off with "Hi Alan (or whatever the presenter's name is), are you OK?

Of course he's fecking OK. He wouldn't be doing the show if his wife had just died or he had pneumonia. And, if you'd been listening you cretin, every other fecking caller has aked him the same thing. "Are you OK?" "Are you OK?" "Are you OK?" Forget enquiring after his health and just get on with your fecking point!

The presenter should make the following statement on air at the beginning of each programme: "I would firstly like to assure listeners that I am 100% OK. If any caller insists on asking me that question I will immediately cut you off".

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Why oh why does every fecking caller start off with "Hi Alan (or whatever the presenter's name is), are you OK?

Of course he's fecking OK. He wouldn't be doing the show if his wife had just died or he had pneumonia. And, if you'd been listening you cretin, every other fecking caller has aked him the same thing. "Are you OK?" "Are you OK?" "Are you OK?" Forget enquiring after his health and just get on with your fecking point!

The presenter should make the following statement on air at the beginning of each programme: "I would firstly like to assure listeners that I am 100% OK. If any caller insists on asking me that question I will immediately cut you off".

Are you ok?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Ive never thought alan whats his name was ok...find him a pain in the butt personally...marginally better than robbie savage

Alan Green is rude and comes across as an arrogant wanker. Robbie Savage is what he is, you know what you are getting and I quite like him.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Alan Green is class, and talks opinionated sense.

Callers talking crap are cut down, and he tells the bores giving a long "How are you" to get on with it.

He does often talk sense i will give him that. But often he seems to try to be controversial to get the discussion going, I don't really have a problem with this except that he denies it.

f***ing irritating though (although I still listen so he can't be that bad)

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Robbie Savage wasn't ok when he did his 6-0-6 show on the day that Gary Speed died. I didn't hear one person say "Hi Robbie, are you ok?" that evening. He was in tears throughout the show.

It's the same with people you let on to most days when you say "Yep, I'm good thanks". Not something along the lines of "Well, I feel really shit. My girlfriend's dumped me, I've lost my job, waxed a ton at the bookies today and I want to throw myself in front of a train very soon with my bipolar disorder". Or something.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here