Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

An olive branch to the Potter outs tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Wasn't the reason that people were getting jittery because we weren't getting the points ? I thought that most people were happy or very happy with the football we were playing but not the results (I know I was).

Obviously there was loads of talk about why we would dominate a game, miss numerous chances and get mugged with one mistake or two, which seemed to be happening all the time.

As I said before, I believe the only significant change has been Sanchez, and although it has worked out brilliantly, introducing a 23 year old Keeper who wasn't even making the bench had to be a huge risk, and may explain why the change didn't happen earlier. It's certainly made the defence far more solid (and just hoping Solly's absence doesn't effect that as he's been superb).

Other than that, the only significant change I can see is in confidence. Apart from these two things, I don't think there has been any significant change. I can imagine Graham 'Tinkerman' Potter getting a little more stick for switching Solly to the right and bringing in BDB if the result had been different Wednesday :wink:

I agree. I was standing up for Maupay saying he was scoring goals, and on a par with Ings, Mane and Grealish. I said the problem was conceding too many goals especially from set pieces.
Sanchez has been the difference imo.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Agree that we will not sign a 'big name' striker. Neal Maupay (age 24) will continue to improve as will Connolly (21), Zequiri (21) and I think we should simply expect more of the same. It's the Brighton way (or it is now).

From what we can glean from the Nunez saga, it does seem that if the deal is right, the club are willing to sanction an expensive move for a bigger name overseas striker.

So I wouldn’t completely rule it out, if the right player is available at the right price. I wonder with the Moises transfer if we’re now looking more towards the South American market.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Well aside from the fact I don’t do personal insults, I’ve no idea what you’re talking about. Because I also think recruitment have failed in bringing us a quality striker.

I said as much during the Nunez threads in close season, and am on record as saying Welbeck isn’t the answer.

You might not do personal insults, but do you remember a few weeks ago when you falsely started to accuse me of being abusive and even went as far as to type “watch out people, here comes another abusive poster “. The crime I’d committed? I held a different opinion to you which you have have zero tolerance for.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
You might not do personal insults, but do you remember a few weeks ago when you falsely started to accuse me of being abusive and even went as far as to type “watch out people, here comes another abusive poster “. The crime I’d committed? I held a different opinion to you which you have have zero tolerance for.

Untrue. I said that because you piled on and fabricated something I’d never said. Something I abhor because I choose my words carefully.

Look. We can go on forever doing this, I’d rather not block you but can we drop grudges please and move forward. And that goes for the handful of posters on here who follow me from thread to thread too trying to instigate. Drop it and let’s move forward, we’re all fans.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Wasn't the reason that people were getting jittery because we weren't getting the points ? I thought that most people were happy or very happy with the football we were playing but not the results (I know I was).

Obviously there was loads of talk about why we would dominate a game, miss numerous chances and get mugged with one mistake or two, which seemed to be happening all the time.

As I said before, I believe the only significant change has been Sanchez, and although it has worked out brilliantly, introducing a 23 year old Keeper who wasn't even making the bench had to be a huge risk, and may explain why the change didn't happen earlier. It's certainly made the defence far more solid (and just hoping Solly's absence doesn't effect that as he's been superb).

Other than that, the only significant change I can see is in confidence. Apart from these two things, I don't think there has been any significant change. I can imagine Graham 'Tinkerman' Potter getting a little more stick for switching Solly to the right and bringing in BDB if the result had been different Wednesday :wink:

Yes, and that’s why I found myself wavering on the fence also. I was still enjoying how we were playing but the results simply weren’t coming. I was starting to worry as to how we were going to gather the necessary points required and admittedly I doubted if Potter had a way of gaining them, all the while enjoying his style of football.
At the end of the day we weren’t getting results, people are very well entitled to become jittery.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Untrue. I said that because you piled on and fabricated something I’d never said. Something I abhor because I choose my words carefully.

Look. We can go on forever doing this, I’d rather not block you but can we drop grudges please and move forward. And that goes for the handful of posters on here who follow me from thread to thread too trying to instigate. Drop it and let’s move forward, we’re all fans.

Laughable. You were trying to dig me out and it was completely unwarranted. You float around this forum flaming anyone who holds an opinion that you do not share or like. At the end of the day I honestly couldn’t care less if you block me :shrug: , I’m not here to have my opinions validated by you, I share my thoughts in a reasonable and balanced manner, if you don’t like them so be it. You also have this insistence on claiming that people follow you around the forum, have you ever considered that having posted 6006 times in 20 months there’s quite a chance you’ll be quoted as you’re constantly posting and generally in a manner that is a thinly veiled dig at people?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am generally a very negative and cynical person but I can say hand on heart that I never lost faith in Potterball. I think it was because I enjoy the way we play so much that I wasn’t able to consider someone else coming in and fecking it all up by making us hard to beat and dull to watch again :shrug:

I am scarred for life by the last six months under CH I think :smile:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I’m not here to have my opinions validated by you

You engaged me petal.

I tried to be the bigger man and move forward, but you clearly have no interest so go on holding grudges and feel free to ignore me as I will do you. Try not to be abusive though thanks.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You engaged me petal.

I tried to be the bigger man and move forward, but you clearly have no interest so go on holding grudges and feel free to ignore me as I will do you. Try not to be abusive though thanks.

Calling another poster, petal, is patronising.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think Vagabond is getting a little too bullied on this thread

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I’ve been called worse in this very thread.

It is hypocrisy to call out other posters when you're no angel yourself.
I haven't abused anyone but you do spoil for a fight, and then play the victim when people respond.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
It is hypocrisy to call out other posters when you're no angel yourself.
I haven't abused anyone but you do spoil for a fight, and then play the victim when people respond.

I tried to engage in peace with the gentleman and it was thrown back in my face. How anyone can see otherwise is baffling to me.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
As I said before, I believe the only significant change has been Sanchez, and although it has worked out brilliantly, introducing a 23 year old Keeper who wasn't even making the bench had to be a huge risk, and may explain why the change didn't happen earlier. It's certainly made the defence far more solid.

This.

There were two seemingly opposing stats in the Ryan era of this season which pointed to something that was very wrong.

1. We’d conceded the least amount of shots against us in the Premier League.
2. We had the highest percentage of goals conceded vs shots on target in the entire football pyramid.

So, it was very hard to get a shot on target against us and it still is. However, with Ryan behind the sticks, for whatever reason (confidence of defenders, keeper positioning, weak hands etc), if you managed a shot on target against us, you were very likely to score.

It takes real guts to pluck a leader from the dressing room (like Ryan) and remove them from the team but Potter has form with this as he’s done the same with Murray, Duffy & Stephens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here