• Foster

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Richie

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I must admit, IF he comes with Gus Poyet, I would be very happy with Denis Wise. I have always liked the guy (when it comes to football!). He was a gem at Chelsea, even before they had their new-found wealth. The guy is a winner - and that is what we need - not some Mr Nice Guy!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

Applauding that is a slight change from your earlier comment MoH:

Seriously, anyone thinking that a foul, thuggish, already-rich little walking Napoleon complex like Dennis Wise landing OUR manager's job on the sole basis that he's a Cockney geezery card-playing mate of Tony Bloom's would be a Good Thing needs their bloody head examined. IMHO.

I don't give a shit how much money the chairman's got and how much thereby everything becomes his call: he has responsibilities too.

johnnyrocketpants

Mar 7, 2009
Is this really a good idea? If the new manager reads this, and finds he/she is down the bottom of the list somewhere, it's not exactly going to fill them with a feeling of being welcome is it?
Steve Coppell please. No-one else will do.

Chief Wiggum

Apr 30, 2009
Most of the negative stuff about Wise is with regard to his character and not his management ability. Surely it's his management ability that we should be interested in. As other posters have said, RS was a nice guy, but there was a distinct lack of winning mentality in the team and discipline was poor. Wise is certainly a fighter and hates losing. Perhaps we could do with a bit more of that sort of mentality in the camp. He could do a job for us but it certainly would be a controversial appointment.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Most of the negative stuff about Wise is with regard to his character and not his management ability. Surely it's his management ability that we should be interested in. As other posters have said, RS was a nice guy, but there was a distinct lack of winning mentality in the team and discipline was poor. Wise is certainly a fighter and hates losing. Perhaps we could do with a bit more of that sort of mentality in the camp. He could do a job for us but it certainly would be a controversial appointment.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Surely our collective wisdom can't be wrong. Just like those people who predicted the lottery with Derren Brown. Ahem.

Ahhhhhhhh, the old 'Wisdom Of Crowds' thang eh?! If it's good enuff for DB - then shirley it's more than adequate for the great unwashed of NSC. :clap:

Coppell for me btw.

*Edit* Howsabout you split the punt 3 ways Bozza - you know - in a 'Strike It Lucky' styleeee??

Last edited:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Dennis Wise.

That way, at least we can whinge about it on here in high speed for the next year or so.
Agreed. I've voted Wise, although I'll never be more pleased to lose a bet in my life.

PS - You've been quiet recently Sim? I was looking forward to reading your views on 'Racegate' and Slade.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I withdraw my observation and apologise to the honourable MoH. :down:

Not at all: unfortunately it's the sheer effectiveness of sarcastic clapping that means I can't ever quite stop doing it. And that means there's going to be collateral damage along the way.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

His managment ability is questionable. The wheels fell off at Leeds after Poyet left and Poyet was cirtainly regarded as the better tactician of the two. If he was an amazing manager then I'd overlook that fact that he's a total c**t, but he's not, so I can't.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
want coppell,
no chance it will be taylor
but wise WILL get it

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
His managment ability is questionable. The wheels fell off at Leeds after Poyet left and Poyet was cirtainly regarded as the better tactician of the two. If he was an amazing manager then I'd overlook that fact that he's a total c**t, but he's not, so I can't.

Yep.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here