Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

An idea- Sponsored Walk from The Goldstone to Falmer via Withdean

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Just a thought but how about a mega sponsored walk on the match day 1 at Falmer. The Goldstone to Falmer via Withdean. What is it about 5 miles max?

I see such a picture of blue and white (maybe tens of thousands of us) on a pilgramage and rite of passage.

Proceeds to REMF very apt.

Has it been talked about before and can it be organised?

TNBA

TTF

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
why sponsored?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
This is a great idea, sponsored or not. It would be a wonderful way to mark the transition from the dear old Goldstone, via our temporary shit-hole to our brand spanking new stadium.

I will be doing it anyway, organised walk or not.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
there was some talk on here of a cycle ride from goldstone-priestfield-withdean-falmer

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It's been discussed before (along with the cycle ride). I think there's a few of us planning to do it, but we're doing it for our own individual reasons (and causes) and we don't want to be part of some dayglo-bibbed organised walk.

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Its been mentioned several times over the last few months on different threads. I will also be doing it for my own reasons which probably mirror those of many others but I don't see any reason to make it charitable however worthy the cause. Whether it should be an organised march too is another question. On the one hand I think it would be superb to all march together to celebrate the final opening of our new home but on the other hand I would think it great too to see streams of Albion fans all walking the same route over the course of the day deep in their own thoughts and reason. For many of us it will be an incredibly emotional journey (hard to understand unless you are a diehard Albion fan) remembering all those friends and family over the years who won't be making that journey, I for one will have a number of people in mind as I make that walk and fully expect to have a bit of a blub when I get to the new stadium and have a little inner chat with those there in spirit but not body.

If there is a consensus for an organised march I could make the necessary enquiries with my employers to see how they would need to be involved. It might also be an idea to start a sticky thread to get a poll or something going to get an idea of interest and numbers? Either way I think there will be those wanting to do one or the other and a lot will want the organised march. Those wanting to do it outside of anything organised can do so at their leisure I guess.

Last edited:

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
On the question of routes, I think the simplest would be a meet at the actual Goldstone in Hove Park, then Goldstone Crescent, up one of the roads to Dyke Road Ave, down Valley Drive and past Withdean (giving it stacks of abuse as we pass!), under the tunnel and up London Road, up Carden Ave to Coldean lane and then a straight bimble down the hill to the stadium. Probably take around hour and half - two hours or so?

Feb 23, 2010
I'd be up for this, I think I'd prefer an organised event, marking the end of such an awful period in our history needs to be done shoulder to shoulder with fellow Albion fans.
And why not make some money for charity while we're at it !

southwickseagull

Mar 4, 2004
southwick
I think you'll find that the supporters club have something in the pipeline concerning this. I know its been discussed for ages. Perhaps some of you youngsters could have cars waiting every 100 yards or so to pick up us flagging oldies. Lol. I'll be 64 but will be having a go at it.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
As long as we get to Falmer for opening time then I'm up for it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here