Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

An Appraisal Of Gus - Post Hartlepool

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Sorry but can't agree with this. Recent performances against Rovers, Orient, Bournemouth AND Peterborough have all been below par, though Watford was great. I do expect us to get better again though.

Agree re Orient and Bournemouth but the first hour against peterborough was superb, and we had enough in the tank to ride out the storm at the end.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Sorry but can't agree with this. Recent performances against Rovers, Orient, Bournemouth AND Peterborough have all been below par, though Watford was great. I do expect us to get better again though.

Agree with this.We haven't been playing that great in the league for a while but we are grinding out results.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Agree with this.We haven't been playing that great in the league for a while but we are grinding out results.

By comparison with our earlier form maybe, but we still have teams saying we're the best they've seen all season.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005

I'd only say the Orient and Bournemouth games were below par. Did well at Bristol Rovers in very poor conditions and restricted Peterborough to 1 goal when they are scoring (and conceding) for fun

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
By comparison with our earlier form maybe, but we still have teams saying we're the best they've seen all season.

Indeed. I heard Bournemouth fans supposedly said we were the best team to play them on their patch all season, and we were pretty dire then

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Get some ruddy avatars you lot. Hard to read who's saying what.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
We are somewhat inconsistant in terms of "putting it all together" for 90 minutes but even allowing for that we play more football and better football than almost any other side in this division. SCC can be exciting and more incisive than us at their best but they seem to lack variety - they don't have the much vaunted "ability to change things on the pitch when it isn't working" which Gus has instilled into the Albion. Huddersfield have power and strength but are relatively direct and Bournemouth maybe lack the spark that the players they have had to sell might have given them. It is becoming harder to see us falling away dramatically and, as others have said, it is hard to see two teams being sufficiently consistent to average over two points a game for the remainder of the season - one maybe but not two.

7 points from the next 3 games should be a minimum target given our relative league positions and if we do that I will begin to really believe that we will get promotion. Whether as champions might depend on how March progresses.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I said and still believe the Colchester game was the definitive moment and am convinced we will be promoted and judging by other teams results they must wish us to be as well.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Last four home games v Hartlepool:

3:3
2:1
3:3
2:1

Not too bad really considering our record at Withdean other those years. Away we have lost three in a row to them.

Is the most recent at the top or bottom? I want to know if I should expect 3-3 or 2-1.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Indeed. I heard Bournemouth fans supposedly said we were the best team to play them on their patch all season, and we were pretty dire then

My Ballmouth supporting friends called us shit to be fair :laugh: In the whole "passing along the back four, but wait, they aren't closing us down and we don't have anyone to pass too really, so we boot it up field and lose it" aspect, we were shocking, but Greer did play five or six delightful through balls for Bridcutt from the back I noted

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here