Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

An Apology

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I apologise unreservedly if I upset anybody yesterday, due to non football related domestic issues and a long standing invitation from Worthing Rugby Club I'd hoped to have a day off, unfortunately due to my own stupidity it didn't pan out that way.

Like the rest of you I am passionate about this great football club we all love, and sometimes that passion crosses boundaries it shouldn't do, and I freely admit that at times I am my own worst enemy, but that's another issue I will have to address.

I have also decided not to post on NSC for the forseeable future.

Harty

Is that in a 1066gull & HB&B kind of forseeable future ?

In which case, I look forward to reading your posts on here again next Saturday :thumbsup:

Yoda

English & European
At the end of the day, Ian is just getting really fed up of people on here slagging him off for being optomistic and thinking he's on the clubs payroll (Would love to know what planet they're living on).

Yes we are in a relegation battle, yes we are playing shit at the minute, yes it appers Dick Knight made a cock up in the summer, but what's done is done. You have to have some optomism otherwise there is just no point.

At the end of the day, remember it just opinions. We all have them, we might not always agree on them, but there is no need for witch hunting. Christ, I remember some of the people slagging Harty of only saying lets give the new signings some time to settle just over a week ago. Well, let them.

unfortunately due to my own stupidity it didn't pan out that way.

Harty
Sorry about that, partly my fault as well I think.

Harty

And don't do that otherwise you'll let them win.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Apologise to Wilkins for saying on air that he should have been sacked in January/

Also apologise to the fans on the radio who could see from the beginning of Adams second coming that it was the wrong decision when we lost games week in week out and you continually defending him and turning on the callers

You numbskull!

I see no reason for an apology for those 2 things. Both were, and still are correct IMO.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
I don't think you have anything to apologise for and welcome your contributions however much they having me screaming "you're f***ing deluded" at the radio.

Last edited:

gong

Oct 13, 2003
T/Wells
Made me laugh, and after the sh1t football yesterday i needed it and i bet the charity is looking forward to the donation because if we keep playing the way we are we WILL go down perhaps the beer goggles are clouding Hartys judgement.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I don't think you have anything to apologise for and welcome your contributions however much they having me screaming "your f***ing deluded" at the radio.

Quite. It's all just opinions, and our Seagulls world would be a slightly duller place without Harty. Thought his interviews on the new DVD were far more entertaining than any of the football on there. And his total recall of games, players and Albion moments from thirty years ago is downright scarey. I struggle to remember who we played last WEEK!

Still, can't have it both ways. Can't be a shock-jock AND be forever apologising. Sort it out Harty! :lol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
At the end of the day, Ian is just getting really fed up of people on here slagging him off for being optomistic and thinking he's on the clubs payroll (Would love to know what planet they're living on).

Yes we are in a relegation battle, yes we are playing shit at the minute, yes it appers Dick Knight made a cock up in the summer, but what's done is done. You have to have some optomism otherwise there is just no point.

At the end of the day, remember it just opinions. We all have them, we might not always agree on them, but there is no need for witch hunting. Christ, I remember some of the people slagging Harty of only saying lets give the new signings some time to settle just over a week ago. Well, let them.

QUOTE]
Well said Yoda, yesterday he was a fan not a BBC employee and if they thought it so bad they could and should have cut him off but as I see it there was no harm done in fact it was quite amusing after a dull game.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Ian, every week someone phones in pissed and you let them have their rant.

Dont worry about it mate, just put it behind you.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Maybe Micky will phone up pissed next week

"ello arteh *hic* yere me besht mate you, *burp*, By eck I'm ad enuff of thish bollocks mate, feckin ell, nuff ter drive a feller ter drink"

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
People are annoyed at whats happening on the field, they'll always find someone other than the players to blame. Chin up.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
If everyone stopped posting on NSC because they felt that they had upset a few people on this board we would lose 60% of posters overnight!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not quite sure why you feel the need to apologise? Your defence of Adams is looking somewhat desperate I admit, but like all us windowlickers who could see that Adams was clueless, out of touch and f***ing up the basis of a decent team, after a month, you are entitled to your opinion :lol:

Last edited:

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Absolutely nothing to apologise for and you're very much entitiled to your opinion, don't let the people that disagree make you feel as though you cannot speak out.

Like you said, you're just passionate and want to see things done in the right, sensible way. Don't stop posting and don't stop putting forward your opinion.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
No need to apologise. It was really funny having you as a caller. Cheered me up no end after that dire display. For months I have been saying we are relegation bound whilst you have said the opposite. That's what fans do, disagree. So, come on back here Harty and lookiing forward to the next phone in.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Chin up Ian. We all support Brighton after all.

sums it up in those few words.
also he was not working for anyone yesterday and as an Albion supporter is entitled to his opinion

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Your a FECKING LEGEND Harty :lolol::thumbsup::bowdown:

Seeing as most of your predictions and statements tend to be completely wrong, are you calling Harty a Bell-End rather than a Legend ?

Harty

As stated in others threads we are all entitled to our opinions, however, whilst amusing your conduct on the phone in was not professional. Certainly not from someone representing the BBC on air. Being paid or not is imaterial.

So, yes you should apologise for your conduct.

I for one accept this wholeheartedly.

I think you should also apologise when on air next as well.

Now, stop being one sided, and see Adams as the useless bufoon that he is!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here