Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

An apology to Solly March

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I still think led too lightweight, and too one-footed to be a top player. However, that might suit us just fine, as it might put Premier League clubs off him, and he is definitely one of our best players.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I think since the Cardiff match , Solly has been like a new signing , his improvement in such a short time is amazing , he has got so much confidence now he has turned in to a very good player

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
Nice thread.

One of the very best things about this remarkable season is Solly's progress. I don't think it's a case of a mediocre player making good, I think it's a story of development under CH, the England u21's will have helped, confidence and so on. What a privilege to have watched him blossom!

So chuffed for him, he'll be a strong contender for player of the year - though there will be some competition!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I accept your apology.

I could see from the opening game of this season he was going to be a star. Against Forest he somehow managed to flick an awkward ball over his head with 2 defenders on his back whilst cornered into the corner flag. It left me gobsmacked. He looked so relaxed on the ball when he pulled the trick off, it could've been Glenn Hoddle back out of retirment.

Brilliant player and the best player I've seen to come out of Sussex. Looks very much like the sort of winger Wenger would love to have.

You knew more than Hughton then who dropped him for B'Burn, Ipswich, Hull, Wolves and Bolton at the start of the season preferring other options...:thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
According to The Sun (just back from the barbers!) Stoke and West Ham are also now 'monitoring' Solly.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
I was slagging him off something chronic during the first half of the Cardiff match. Has been a totally different player since he came on for the second half of that match. Fair play to the lad he has proven me and many others very wrong.

Jul 21, 2015
It seems that West Ham are also now considering a move for Solly in January. Not good news in my view. Whatever Premier sides offer us for March he will be worth far more in 12 months time. We need to keep our most talented players if we want to progress not sell them on.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/12/0...ing-move-for-brightons-solly-march-after-pa/?

You won't see Middlesbrough, Hull, Derby or Burnley selling in January as they've got ambition of winning promotion. Only the Albion would consider selling.

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
Add me to the humble pie order please. Lightweight and disinterested I said. I even said that bash on the head will mean he'll drift out of the game.

Never been so pleased to be so wrong. Potentially the most consistent string of performances ever seen from a winger in my memory. (Kevin Mcleod accepted who was consistently shocking...).

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
In my view, there hasn't been a transformation in Solly, he's simply more confident now, and his final ball or shots are now more composed and assured. It was obvious that we had a gem on our hands. That combination of sheer pace, brilliant skill, and beautiful balance once in motion (Murphy, take note) was always there for all to see -- not forgetting a great work rate, and good team ethos. What was missing was that composure at those vital moments. That's the only substantial difference, and that's the result of more confidence, and encouragement from the coaching staff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here