Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

An Apology from a Palace fan

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Last night I found myself walking past the away end at the end of the game and was subject to a large amount of verbal abuse from Crystal Palace fans...To my suprise a palace fan in his 40's then came over to me and appologised saying "I'm sorry, we have a large amount of Dickheads that follow our club"

Respect to him, as it was a very decent thing to do and very impressive that he has such an accurate view of those he was with and clearly embarrased oon their behalf

As do we have a huge number of DICKHEADS too. I want to beat Palace on the pitch, I really am bored of this willy waving, neanderthal 'oi you muggy )unts' type culture. Every Palace fan I have ever met or worked with have been top, top blokes. It is good to have a bit of banter but I would be happy to share a pint and a chat after the match with away fans of any club. Call me a sad loser if you want but that is the way I see it.

This is normal. Nothing better than meeting oppo fans after a game for banter, beer and chat.

theliqliq

Sep 29, 2011
Australia
Whats New,Eagles supporters haven't changed and NEVER WILL...LOL..theliqliq
Last night I found myself walking past the away end at the end of the game and was subject to a large amount of verbal abuse from Crystal Palace fans...To my suprise a palace fan in his 40's then came over to me and appologised saying "I'm sorry, we have a large amount of Dickheads that follow our club"

Respect to him, as it was a very decent thing to do and very impressive that he has such an accurate view of those he was with and clearly embarrased oon their behalf

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
As do we have a huge number of DICKHEADS too. I want to beat Palace on the pitch, I really am bored of this willy waving, neanderthal 'oi you muggy )unts' type culture. Every Palace fan I have ever met or worked with have been top, top blokes. It is good to have a bit of banter but I would be happy to share a pint and a chat after the match with away fans of any club. Call me a sad loser if you want but that is the way I see it.

Completely agree. I don't know what proportion of fans are dickheads but hopefully they will be weeded out gradually. Best thing so far about Amex is away fans having a beer in NS after a game. Gotta be the way forward IMHO.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The goading was completely harsh and i'll be glad if it was those gobby twats who got a slap at the station (by all accounts many did - if they were giving it like they were outside their end it doesn't suprise me and is deserved!)

Also as I said on another thread i've heard of 2 counts of spitting from Palace fans. One was in a group of 3 on one of my mates on his own - in his face - he'd said nothing. Yes we have dickheads too but these were a cut above from what i saw. I remember the 1-0 at scumhurst and everyone i was walknig near just got their head down and walked to the station - no gloating / goading. Sorry but that's the truth.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

This! I could not agree more.

Aug 4, 2011

Good man!!! We too have a fair share of people like this. Lets the club down big time. Good to see someone was trying to salvage and be polite!

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011

yeah, I met a palace fan at wembley. God bless him, not a violent pikey at all.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I thought after the mass applause from both sets of fans after the Remf speech, perhaps just perhaps it might pass off peacefully, Oh well I guess it's never going to is it?

Probably not, but the reason for the that is some people's inability to behave like a reasonable human being once a game has finished. I've been going to football for over 30years, I've screamed, shouted, and turned the air every shade of blue in my time, I've been ecstatic and as on tuesday extremely f**king angry, but I never ever felt the urge to slap anyone.

In fact on tuesday, we were beaten fair and square by a team that wanted it more, I was gutted and furious but I accepted it was palace's night. I had no desire to even the score off the pitch, as if that would have made any difference anyway, we'd still lost the game and nothing was going to change it. People who persist in this neanderthal behaviour are worthy of nothing more than contempt and I wish they would just f**k off and leave the game to those of us who still enjoy it.

Keep the passion and the noise inside the stadium, but grow and behave outside of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here