Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] An amusing take on Crystal Palace FC - and its fans

Dec 3, 2012
WCP. What is it with you and attendances?

Brightons fan base isn't counting for much at the moment is it? Points is what you need not bums on seats.

Why the fascination? It's not relevant is it?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012

Brightons fan base isn't counting for much at the moment is it? Points is what you need not bums on seats.

I know why :wink:

Feb 14, 2010

I think its a reaction to the press who will bang on about northern clubs having a great support and because it is how clubs are judged by other fans All football fans understand that players come and go as does sucess (well except at Brighton as we never get the success bit) and so the club really is the fans

Dec 3, 2012
I think its a reaction to the press who will bang on about northern clubs having a great support and because it is how clubs are judged by other fans All football fans understand that players come and go as does sucess (well except at Brighton as we never get the success bit) and so the club really is the fans

Ok, I can see that to an extent. But it's secondary to what happens in the pitch isn't it. Do you post about what happens on the pitch at all? You may do but I can only recall posts about the status of the club in terms if image and perception. Doesn't really matter does it?

Feb 14, 2010
Ok, I can see that to an extent. But it's secondary to what happens in the pitch isn't it. Do you post about what happens on the pitch at all? You may do but I can only recall posts about the status of the club in terms if image and perception. Doesn't really matter does it?

is it secondary? No, not for me, living away from Brighton its great meeting other fans as they will mention when you are a Brighton fan what a great support we have. I know 606 are fascinated by what somebody's full back has or has not done but as I say, its the club, the institution of the Albion I am interested in. That is not to say the pitch isnt important, of course it is and I think Brighton fans have every right to ask for some success for once. And before a palace fan chirps u, I dont go much these days. I watched Brighton a bit in the top flight and then for nearly 30 years during the decline, fall and near oblivion of the Albion under Archer.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I tell you what though, if you want a good laugh have a look at the timeline on Twitter of @Moyes_Must_Go aka Beijing Red 4 Lyf

It's the most obvious parody account going and is actually totally against modern football. Palace fans should be falling over themselves to follow it. Instead most of their mongs seem not to get it and have spent a weekend they should have spent celebrating beating Chelsea instead abusing a parody account. Idiots.

Dec 3, 2012
is it secondary? No, not for me, living away from Brighton its great meeting other fans as they will mention when you are a Brighton fan what a great support we have. I know 606 are fascinated by what somebody's full back has or has not done but as I say, its the club, the institution of the Albion I am interested in. That is not to say the pitch isnt important, of course it is and I think Brighton fans have every right to ask for some success for once. And before a palace fan chirps u, I dont go much these days. I watched Brighton a bit in the top flight and then for nearly 30 years during the decline, fall and near oblivion of the Albion under Archer.

So would you say status in the eyes of other supporters is more important than results?

raba

Jun 9, 2013
I tell you what though, if you want a good laugh have a look at the timeline on Twitter of @Moyes_Must_Go aka Beijing Red 4 Lyf

It's the most obvious parody account going and is actually totally against modern football. Palace fans should be falling over themselves to follow it. Instead most of their mongs seem not to get it and have spent a weekend they should have spent celebrating beating Chelsea instead abusing a parody account. Idiots.

I've seen no abuse & I also find it ridiculous that someone would spend a whole weekend celebrating a football score.

Feb 14, 2010
So would you say status in the eyes of other supporters is more important than results?

That is a great question. Certainly I would prefer to support a Wolves than Wigan. But then I would prefer to support an Orient than a Spurs. So probably yes, but its not status in the eyes of other fans, its what type of club would I prefer to support. For me that Albion is about roots and heritage.

Dec 3, 2012
That is a great question. Certainly I would prefer to support a Wolves than Wigan. But then I would prefer to support an Orient than a Spurs. So probably yes, but its not status in the eyes of other fans, its what type of club would I prefer to support. For me that Albion is about roots and heritage.

Not that you have a choice what club to support.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
To be fair I have seen Brighton fans mocking Sheffield Wednesday on here Bottster, and they are way bigger than Brighton will ever be with all due respect

Do you honestly think that even the most deluded of our fans really believe that we are bigger than Wednesday SJ?! The BBS is full of 'BHA think we're bigger than this or that, the next Real Madrid' etc. when the reality is that most of us are under no illusions about our our club's status/stature. The Yeovil in the Championship mockery on your boards is a completely different animal and a different argument altogether.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012

Thanks for bringing that to our attention , I just hope you haven't spent all weekend reading it .

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Quite correct. No comparison at all between the superb campaign to save the Goldstone, and the pitiful attempt to sway Lloyds Bank over the ownership of Selhurst.

What an odd post. The "superb campaign" to save the Goldstone sadly ended in failure whilst the "pitiful attempt" to sway Lloyds resulted in palace being reunited with Selhurst Park.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here