Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

An alternative view of today's game

abc

Jan 6, 2007
More moaning and negativity from some. I, and those I was with, actually thoroughly enjoyed the game and thought it was a great day's entertainment. Why?
1. I love watching Brighton play football and it was a good entertaining game
2. Six development players on the pitch giving some good to excellent performances. Wow! How exciting is that for the future?
3. Great turn out from Wrexham fans and all round great support from a (currently only) non league club who deserve something to sing about. Gave the game 'something extra'.
4. Confirmation that we dont have a goalkeeping problem after all. Go Brezovan!
5. Great stadium, 18500 for a 3rd round cup tie, and we are 4 points from the play offs. Whats not to be happy about?

Glass half full, not half empty!:bhasign:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
And we probably watched the best individual goal at the Amex so far....

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
More moaning and negativity from some. I, and those I was with, actually thoroughly enjoyed the game and thought it was a great day's entertainment. Why?
2. Six development players on the pitch giving some good to excellent performances. Wow! How exciting is that for the future?
3. Great turn out from Wrexham fans and all round great support from a (currently only) non league club who deserve something to sing about. Gave the game 'something extra'.
5. Great stadium, 18500 for a 3rd round cup tie, and we are 4 points from the play offs. Whats not to be happy about?

Can you post more often please.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland

you wont please some on here whatever

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I agree with you although I didn't think the first half was that great. The second, however, was thoroughly entertaining & produced a fair result.

abc

Jan 6, 2007

Keep comming back and you might just change your mind!

Hopefully not. I remember be gutted when Brez was injured and out for the Swindon away game when Ankergen joined us as a result. Brez had been superb the previous season. He has a poor game against a premiership side (Stoke) last season and made a poor mistake in a pre season match Vs another premiership side (Spurs). Thats the sum total of his errors as far as I can remember. Some have short memories. A swallow a spring doesnt make, but the last two games suggest that he remains a good goalkeeper and thats pretty good news in my book.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Well put. Good to see the youngsters, they in fact were let down more by the senior players especially a certain Barnes who looked disinterested.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Hopefully not. I remember be gutted when Brez was injured and out for the Swindon away game when Ankergen joined us as a result. Brez had been superb the previous season. He has a poor game against a premiership side (Stoke) last season and made a poor mistake in a pre season match Vs another premiership side (Spurs). Thats the sum total of his errors as far as I can remember. Some have short memories. A swallow a spring doesnt make, but the last two games suggest that he remains a good goalkeeper and thats pretty good news in my book.

Spot on. Brezovan might not be up to it after all, but he hadn't really been given much of a chance to prove himself up until Saints.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Somebody else who saw it the way that I did. Great post, don't let the moaners win.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I didn't go, but further positives:

- Replay offers another opportunity for the DS players
- Greer will be back for the Peterborough game

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove

Excellent post

I'd like to add

Grant Hall my MOM did not put a foot wrong.
Torben did ok
Foster-Caskey star in the making

Agree with all of these.
This has seriously confirmed to me that this club is going places.

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
People have forgotten how far we have come

5-10 years ago Wrexham getting a draw against Brighton would have gone unnoticed by the media, but look at us now we were all over 606 and alike because Wrexham drew with us. "Brighton in the Championship were held to a shock 1-1 draw with minnows Wrexham".

Come on people Brighton are in dreamland and were all along for the ride.:bhasign:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
People have forgotten how far we have come

5-10 years ago Wrexham getting a draw against Brighton would have gone unnoticed by the media, but look at us now we were all over 606 and alike because Wrexham drew with us. "Brighton in the Championship were held to a shock 1-1 draw with minnows Wrexham".

Come on people Brighton are in dreamland and were all along for the ride.:bhasign:

Exactly, I used to enjoy being the underdog but now we are the team that the underdogs want to beat.

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
yes ...loving the positives,,,had to work today, was following it from germany: as long as it was 0-0 ... i thought "shit" somehow
after 1-1 ,
it sounds all ok apart from the fact that we have to play them again!
we are in the hat!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here