Votes: 47 51.6%
  • No

Votes: 10 11.0%
  • Just a smackhead out of control

Votes: 34 37.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Amy Winehouse is a good singer but extremely stupid and ugly

Like Billie Holiday, there's a strange attraction to this 'tortured soul' package. Not a great singer, leans towards that 'young crone' style of hooker soulstress who has been ridden hard and put away wet - like a mulatta Marianne Faithful of 'Broken English' period.

Frankly, I find her too tiresome to consider buying her music - and most of the income she'll generate will be for the press reporting another train-wreck of an idiot person.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Well, having watched the concert last night, I can say one good thing about her...

...she was better than the sugababes!

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
My Mrs hates her with a vengence. I think she is a boring little smack head. Now Duffy is a great singer

True, Duffy is what Amy could have been if she had never discovered a discount tattooist and Beechams powders. I have voted yes to her being a great singer, unfortunately its the baggage that comes with it.
If I had an ounce of any talent that could bring me fame and riches and a comfortable lifestyle I would like to think I would not blow it away by trashing myself like she has done.

It's like watching a car crash with Amy and it will probably end in tears, well death actually.:shootself

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
just watching her on BBC2 coverage of Glastonbury.... she is definitely on something , she and her singing are all over the place

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
True, Duffy is what Amy could have been if she had never discovered a discount tattooist and Beechams powders. I have voted yes to her being a great singer, unfortunately its the baggage that comes with it.
If I had an ounce of any talent that could bring me fame and riches and a comfortable lifestyle I would like to think I would not blow it away by trashing myself like she has done.

It's like watching a car crash with Amy and it will probably end in tears, well death actually.:shootself

couldn't have put it better myself :)

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
What is the big attraction of this lady (having just watched her on the 90th Birthday Tribute to Nelson Mandela).

Personally I think she is a hopeless singer but in the spirit of freedon (for Nelson) let's have a poll !

I do actually think she's an excellent singer, on her day. Sadly, the booze and narcs f*** her over.

Oct 25, 2003
did i imagine it or did she PUNCH someone in the crowd tonight?

she was decent enough anyway, nowhere NEAR her best, her voice was ranging from brilliant to awful and she constantly forgot her words

bless her

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I believe that Amy Winehouse has actually done a lot of people a favour, parents can show pictures of her to their kids and just tell them that if you do significant amounts of illegal substances then you can end up looking and sounding like that...should put a few off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here