Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amy Winehouse: sadly still a complete mess

life on mars 73

Oct 19, 2010
Very sad.....it's the inner pain and conflict that often makes them creative artists in the first place. But she seems utterly overwhelmed. Tragic waste of a genuine talent.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Is amazing people let her do that. I know this is not the way to deal with drugs, but lock her in a padded room with nothing but a meal twice a day and water. She might go through hell but will be through the addiction surely and get on with rest of her life or face same again once get out. Tough love, rather than spending billions a year as a country on methadone or whatever and councillors and health spas etc. Would also deter people from falling back into that spiral.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
The only person who can sort her out is herself, not the record company.

Amazed to see the sympathy she's getting yet Pete Doherty is (rightfully) hung out to dry for the same behaviour.

I don't think she's been allegedly directly responsible for two people's deaths. On the other hand Keith Richards, Mark E Smith and Shane MacGowan have been shambolic and f***ed up for years and no-one really criticises

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
It's a tragedy, can't be much fun for the backing band either, having to watch her fall apart every night.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
If you have children and want to put them off doing fags, booze and drugs to excess then just show them some pictures of Amy Winehouse...should do the job nicely!

I've often thought that they should do that with Daniella Westbrook.

I've often thought that they should do that with Daniella Westbrook.

I seem to remember at my high school that they did. Or at least I seem to remember there being a poster of her nose after all the coccaine taking in one of the citizenship classrooms.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I reckon a major section of the crowd was there specifically to watch the car crash that ensued.

I would imagine the crowd at any of her gigs these days is made up of people looking for one extreme or the other. They either want to see a car crash or a magnificent return to form.

Having seen those two video clips, I do hope she didn't have "Rehab" on the playlist.

Amy "They tried to make me go to rehab .."
Crowd pleading "we say Go Go Go!!"

Amy, there is no way daddy thinks you're fine. Get some help, and get it before it's too late.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
It's just a waste of life, but the usual suspects on here will find a reason to make snide comments & then try & use some pathetic argument to justify their actions. It's already started on the other thread; I will ignore it now because these people make me sick; it was the same yesterday with the Norway bombing & shooting.
No respect.

Edit, not aimed at the start of this thread. It was coming unfortunately.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
So was she a massive drug mentalist then? I don't really follow pop news.

Is the suggestion that she was always on a slippery slope heading for Heroin death?

Genuinely don't know anything about her so I don't know.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
I hate that I started this thread now.

There is no way you could have known that her downward spiral would have resulted in today's news. A thread regarding a depressing and sad video of a talent wasted is one thing, feeling guilty on the day of her death because you highlighted it, is another.

Any way you do have the power to make it disappear.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
The real tragedy will be if she knocks Oslo off the front pages

Interesting point but they had already done the story to death - no pun intended, the press just try and drag the story out for as long as possible and cause even more grief to the poor people suffering the tragedy. So sad about Amy Winehouse, I remember when I first heard her and she blew me away with her voice and talent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here