Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AMS - Forest, Derby & Sunderland versions

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
AMS - Forest version

For all those that moan about the AMS scheme.

DannyCulliplookalikesdad and I were talking to a couple of Forest fans in The Sportsman yesterday prior to the game.

Non season ticket holders have to pay £100 PER YEAR to get tickets to away games! :ohmy:

Their season tickets holders have to pay an annual fee of £50.

I pointed out that they would be OK for pay on the day but was told that they hardly have any of those!!

The guy I was speaking to confirmed that their season tickets were cheaper than ours (£290) but their grade A games which included Derby, Leicester and Leeds were £31!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Well they didn't all get tickets!

We only allow 700 appox visiting supporters. They usually bring more that 700 to away games!

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Buzza said:

We only allow 700 appox visiting supporters. They usually bring more that 700 to away games!

So even that system doesn't work then ???

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Rangdo said:
So even that system doesn't work then ???

Exactly

I wasn't saying it worked. I was just pointing out what other teams have to go through!

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Buzza said:
Exactly

I wasn't saying it worked. I was just pointing out what other teams have to go through!
Imagine having that scheme and still not getting a Spurs ticket. My god the moaning would be even worse. If thats possible :lolol:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Rangdo said:
Imagine having that scheme and still not getting a Spurs ticket. My god the moaning would be even worse. If thats possible :lolol:

I can hear them now!

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Buzza said:

They said on SCR that there were 300 unsold away tickets yesterday. If that is true then all that wanted tickets got one.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Interesting point Wardy. The guy we were speaking to said he had to pop down to Forest in person to get his tickets for fear of not getting them.

Mind you, it was only a week ago but the Forest end was full yesterday.

another team that were very selective were Norwich Two seasons ago. They had to supply a number of ticket stubs for home and away games to be one of the "Lucky" 700.

Colbourne Kid

Sep 19, 2003
They were completely sold out and normally have 2000 to 3000 applications for away tickets. They have 6000 away members ie £600,000 a season to the Club. Season ticket holders get no priority at all to away tickets.

Colbourne Kid said:
They were completely sold out and normally have 2000 to 3000 applications for away tickets. They have 6000 away members ie £600,000 a season to the Club. Season ticket holders get no priority at all to away tickets.
How did they decide which 700 members got tickets for Withdean?

First come-first served or a points system?

How they do it at Derby County:-

BRIGHTON v DERBY COUNTY
At Withdean Stadium
756 ticket allocation
Adults £21, Over 65s £14,Under 16s £13

Season Ticket Holders have until 21st January to apply by advanced application (Two Year Season Ticket Holders gain usual priority). Any remaining tickets will go on General Sale on Monday 31st January.

Tickets for this fixture will be issued on a loyalty basis. Two Year Season ticket holders gain the highest priority, followed by Season ticket holders who have attended 10* or more away matches this season, followed by those who have attended 5 to 9 away matches this season, followed by those who have attended 1 to 4 away matches this season, followed by STH's who have attended no away matches this season. Applications from groups of STHs will be processed according to the STH who attended the least number of away matches within the group.Tickets will only be issued on a strict one ticket - per season ticket basis. Away loyalty is based solely on away tickets purchased from Derby County FC.

* Derby County had played 14 away games this season before the deadline.

In practice I guess this means that every Derby fan who comes to Withdean will have to be either a Two Year season ticket holder or a one-year season ticket holder AND a regular traveller to away matches.

Last edited:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
There might be more pay on the day games next season...in League One (or Division Two or the Third Division :rolleyes: )

Last edited:

And the Sunderland system:-

Brighton (away)
Saturday 19th February 2005. Kick Off 3:00 pm
The Coca-Cola Football League Championship Venue: Withdean Stadium
Season ticket holders can apply by postal application until 5.30pm Friday 4th February 2005 - voucher 41 required.

Please note the LOYALTY scheme will be in operation for this fixture.

There will be NO GENERAL SALE for this fixture due to the very limited number of tickets received.

Adults £21 Senior Citizen £14 Junior£13.

And this is what their website says about the Away Loyalty Scheme:-

Please note this scheme commits supporters to ALL away league matches

At Sunderland AFC, we strive to make the application process easier for fans that wish to attend away matches.

Season ticket holders that wish to be considered for ALL away matches need only apply once by completing payment details on the reverse of the relevant voucher (TBC) from their season ticket book.

Vouchers should be submitted to the ticket office at the start of the season (with friends if you want to sit together) and your application will be considered for EVERY away league match.

This scheme does not guarantee a ticket and will be subject to the Club's loyalty system, but if successful, you will be charged automatically for the ticket and it will be automatically dispatched.

It is best to join this scheme at the beginning of the season but it may be possible to join once the season has started.

Please enquire on 0191 5515151.

So Sunderland sell some of their tickets to Withdean on the basis of an application (available to Season Tickets holders only) made in August - whether or not you particularly want to come to Brighton - and you get to know that you have a ticket when they charge your account.

If you want the CHOICE of whether to come to Withdean, you have to go into a ballot of season ticket holders.

No season ticket, no trip to Brighton.

Last edited:

Downloaded Penguin said:
There might be more pay on the day games next season...in League One (or Division Two or the Third Division :rolleyes: )
Fine if you enjoyed becoming a regular traveller to games in 1997 and liked the venue so much that you actually became a Gillingham supporter.

:eek:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Lord Bracknell said:
How they do it at Derby County:-

In practice I guess this means that every Derby fan who comes to Withdean will have to be either a Two Year season ticket holder or a one-year season ticket holder AND a regular traveller to away matches.

I'm assuming that a Two year season ticket is a Season ticket paid for 2 years in advance as opposed to someone who renews for a second year.

Not a bad idea. There should still be some tickets available to regular away members who can't make home games.

It would be interesting to see how other clubs make away tickets available. (probably been done to death on other threads)

edit: just seen you have added Sunderland Lord B

Last edited:

Derby County have 15,500 season ticket holders. This includes holders of half-season season tickets (prices start @ £130 for adults and £65 for senior citizens and young people). Kids under 10 can get a half season ticket for as little as £30.

The joys of having a big ground!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here