Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Which computer did you have? I had an Amiga and they ROCKED... :jester:

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Long live my Amiga 500+! No hard drive, but I did buy a second floppy drive for it! It also had a whopping great 1Mb of RAM.

Also, the Amiga 1200 was the world's first 32-bit computer, about five years before anyone else could make one work:clap:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
What about the Amiga 600? I mean :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

What the HELL were they thinking?

a600hd.jpg

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
You can only vote for one?!?

Off the top of my head, I had a ZX81, Spectrum 48, Electron, Tandy something, Jupiter Ace (still have it!), Commodore 16, Amiga 500, Amiga 600, Amiga 1200, Commodore PC1, Apple Mac+, IBM XT clone...

Missed a few, I'm sure. :lolol:

Easier to list the big ones I didn't have: Dragon, Oric, BBC B, Commodore 64, Apple II, Atari ST and anything Amstrad. They were all gay - obviously.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I had an Amiga. Wonderful machine for games and demos.

I remember my mate had a Spectrum 128 Plus, one of those grey ones with the tape player built in. That tape player was absolute GASH, it hardly loaded any of the pirate copies we used to have. Me, my tape recorder and trusty mini screwdriver could get ANYTHING to load.

*sigh* happy days.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I remember some games taking quarter of an hour to load. Then it used to crash at the very end.

All you could do was curse and...load it again. Ahh, the good old days.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I had an Atari ST and my neighbour had an Amiga. All the games were the same, the graphics were of the same quality, etc. Was there any difference between the two?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
perth seagull said:
I had an Atari ST and my neighbour had an Amiga. All the games were the same, the graphics were of the same quality, etc. Was there any difference between the two?

Software wise, yes - the Amiga had a much better UI and could be used as a real computer, the ST was a games machine only. the ST had Gem as its GUI, the Amiga had Workbench, which was much better.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I had an Atari ST that was nearly worn out from playing Wizball. Still have fond memories of my Dragon 32 as well.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Atari ST for me.....Monkey Island used to keep me going for hours!

Last edited:

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
Started with an ST and then upgraded to the Amiga. Like someone's already said, great for games and demos.
Much better sound than than the ST.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
perth seagull said:

Midi, the ST won hands down on that alone, great computers for writting music on !!

Wozza said:
You can only vote for one?!?

Off the top of my head, I had a ZX81, Spectrum 48, Electron, Tandy something, Jupiter Ace (still have it!), Commodore 16, Amiga 500, Amiga 600, Amiga 1200, Commodore PC1, Apple Mac+, IBM XT clone...

Missed a few, I'm sure. :lolol:

Easier to list the big ones I didn't have: Dragon, Oric, BBC B, Commodore 64, Apple II, Atari ST and anything Amstrad. They were all gay - obviously.

You weren't a geek at all, then?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Yeah but, unlike some of the nerds on here, I grew out of it in my teenage years - around the time I discovered girls and beer, funnily enough.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
aahh Amigas and the infinate amount of games I had for it. Then trying to learn AMOS and write code stuff and failing after only being able to get HELLO flashing on a screen :D
We even had an Amiga CD32 :eek: shocking flop that was!

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
dave the gaffer said:
Atari ST for me.....Monkey Island used to keep me going for hours!

Monkey Island rocked. I upgrade the memory in my Atari ST just so I could play Monkey Island.

I had a Commodore Vic 20, Commodore 64 (shear quality) and then an Atari ST before I got my first PC. I probably should have got an Amiga instead of the Atari ST, but my neighbor had an Atari and convinced me to get one as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here