Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex virgins?

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
It does seem that most can get tickets (always seem some on NSC) and there should be more available next season. Appreciate that this late buying may not suit those coming from afar who may have travel & accomodation to sort long in advance.

Capricorn

Aug 14, 2010
Perth, Australia
My brother has married an Aussie and exiled for good. He flew back to the uk for the Cardiff play-offs game and flew straight back gaining front page Argus exposure for his toils. Poor fellow hasn't made it back to see a game at the Amex yet. His emails are so desperately that had we gone up this year it would probably have tipped him over the edge.
Haha I know how he feels watching Brighton play is without a doubt the biggest thing I miss about living in England. My dad's the same. All those years spent protesting for a new stadium and we left before we could even go to it. Seems mad in retrospect, but I suppose if we hadn't moved I wouldn't have experienced all the things I have since that time. I'm left reading matchday threads late at night and watching videos of our fans singing their hearts out at games. I don't aim to be exiled here for good though unlike your brother (congratulations by the way) I can see myself moving back to England purely to see the Albion again! :amex:

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I live in Japan and haven't made it back for a couple of years.

I am coming back this summer though and made sure I was in the country for the first 2 weeks of the season to ensure a home game. Booked my tickets coming back on the 21st of August and only then did I notice that the season doesn't start until the 18th because of the bloody olympics :rant:

I'm assuming though because of that we won't clash with pride so there is a 50/50 chance the opening game will be at home? Anyone know about that? Otherwise, suppose it will be a dull friendly.

My last game was the opening home game of last season. Went to see a half finished Amex then went down to Withdean to be reminded of how truly awful it was.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Me!!! Turkey just too far to make it. When we do come back its always pre-season. Made a real effort for the first game last year as we were in the UK that weekend but it didnt work out. JNust cant afford to travel to UK more than once every two years at the mo as have to bring the whole family.

Hasnt changed the way I feel about the club one jot.

Domsdad

brother of Patch
Sep 24, 2003
Its grim up north
Me too. Currently in Korea but when I'm back in England home is Stockport so normally I'm an away fan only. But as soon as I am back in England and there's a home match I want to be there.

NEASTGULL

Sep 30, 2006
Gateshead
Amex Virgin here too - Reasons are two fold.

Firstly Geographical - Living in Gateshead makes it a time consuming journey and secondly the reason is financial - Since losing my job just before christmas I have been unemployed so cannot justify the expense due to having to try and provide for my wife and 4 year old daughter on Job Seekers allowance.

I could possible have made the trip down for the Newcastle trip when tickets were available a day or two before the match however I would have had to stay overnight and would not have arrived home until the Sunday afternoon - Again I could not justify either the expense of a hotel or the time away from my family.

I am desperately searching for a new job, hopefully one that does not involve working weekends so that maybe next season I may be able to visit the Amex - which I am desperate to do.

1066gull

I am one, i know i know i keep meaning to go , just too indulged in my theatre and dance....

When I finally do go there probably will be a massive congratulations thread on nsc

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am one, i know i know i keep meaning to go , just too indulged in my theatre and dance....

When I finally do go there probably will be a massive congratulations thread on nsc

Just out of interest 1066, did you go to Withdean?

1066gull

Just out of interest 1066, did you go to Withdean?

yes most matches in the mcghee and wilkins era.

i really want to go to the amex but just cannot fathom the point of going to a football match on my own anymore, to hear a chorus of badly sung, out of tune horse chants of men killing their throats (because i am musically training im trying to train my self to use my diaphragm properly)

i love the albion, dont get me wrong, i try and follow every result to see how we are doing (sometimes i lose track) but like Robert Kazinsky, another albion fan who does a lot of performances round the world but rarely goes to a game.

maybe when i have kids in the late single figures i will settle down and have season tickets but right now i want to make something of my life

if anyone wants to give me a ticket for free to one of the remaining home matches this season i would be very privledged to accept though

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
if anyone wants to give me a ticket for free to one of the remaining home matches this season i would be very privledged to accept though

Which remaining home games might those be?

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
yes most matches in the mcghee and wilkins era.

i really want to go to the amex but just cannot fathom the point of going to a football match on my own anymore, to hear a chorus of badly sung, out of tune horse chants of men killing their throats (because i am musically training im trying to train my self to use my diaphragm properly)

i love the albion, dont get me wrong, i try and follow every result to see how we are doing (sometimes i lose track) but like Robert Kazinsky, another albion fan who does a lot of performances round the world but rarely goes to a game.

maybe when i have kids in the late single figures i will settle down and have season tickets but right now i want to make something of my life

What about the football and as for the musical training what would I have seen/heard you in?

Theone1

Feb 16, 2012
I've only missed 2 games but never watched a match. Thrill of being kiosk staff. One day I really should buy a ticket and just go for pleasure.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
My brother has married an Aussie and exiled for good. He flew back to the uk for the Cardiff play-offs game and flew straight back gaining front page Argus exposure for his toils. Poor fellow hasn't made it back to see a game at the Amex yet. His emails are so desperately that had we gone up this year it would probably have tipped him over the edge.

There will soon be enough of us from NZ and Oz to charter our own flight back to watch a game.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Oh dear, I fear a "bad fan" shout coming my way.

I probably attend about 8-10 aways each year.
I went to Withdean just the 3 times - took dad once and my girls once.
But not yet made the 500 mile round trip to the Amex, been down twice over a weekend this year but dates have been Albion were away.

I also have this percieved view [I may be misguided - happy to be told so] that with zero loyalty points I've got zero chance of picking up any tickets for a home game unless its Wrexham in the cup [which I went to the replay and when we won, I couldn't get a ticket for the next cup match 30 miles up the road - strange that, given there were only a couple of hundred at Wrexham].

So, I'm loyalty points free .... can you buy them on eBay?

I'm always happy to lend mine out - others can get a ticket and I get more loyalty points - win-win. Just PM whenever you want

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here