Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex two warm up fixtures.

BHAryan

BHAryan
Feb 8, 2011
Worthing
im a sth and will be on holiday for the senior cup final and first friendly..im not too bothered about them to be honest just the 1st league game.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I'll be interested to know whether STH's will get first refusal on their own seats for the friendlies

I think they will, followed by a binfest. then only half the allocations will sell to STH, queue another binfest about how many STH fans proper fans, will the interest be sustainable if we dont have success and will the atmosphere be shit with half the seats empty. we'll go on to sell out the friendlies anyway, leading to new call that we need to "fill in the corners" to meet demand.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
At some point we are not going to be able to play the old loyalty card for tickets as surely the club will treat all it's current Amex season ticket holders the same so all this "I've sat in the rain at Withdean, suffered at Gillingham etc" will not mean anything. That will be binfest time.

Can you imagine it!!!

The trouble in Libya/Egypt etc... will be deemed small fry compared to the binfest revoloution that will erupt on that fine day.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'll be on my holibobs in July anyway so I don't really care about the ramp-ups. Its all about August 6th for me.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
First game for me will be Aug 6th, anything else would be a major anti-climax

im kinda thinking this way too, would love to see it asap but would rather wait the extra month for a 100% full Amex busting with noise!

ill wait and see :p

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
First home game could be in the league cup on the 9th or 16th if the fixtures come out with an opening away fixture.
The decision to offer us an opening home fixture on 6th hasn't been made yet.
Gay pride is the following saturday so we can't play at home then either.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
First home game could be in the league cup on the 9th or 16th if the fixtures come out with an opening away fixture.
The decision to offer us an opening home fixture on 6th hasn't been made yet.
Gay pride is the following saturday so we can't play at home then either.

I think you've kind of answered your own post then. Thats exactly why Pride has been bumped to the 2nd Saturday in August.

We ARE at home on August 6th. Its been snorted.

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
I think you've kind of answered your own post then. Thats exactly why Pride has been bumped to the 2nd Saturday in August.

We ARE at home on August 6th. Its been snorted.

I was at a presentation on tuesday and someone asked about the 6th and the clubs presenter said there was a good chance that the football league would go for it but nothing can be agreed until the end of the season!!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Myself and Giraffe Junior were the first two to use the bogs at the new Wembley Stadium

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Can anyone post a link to where it says there will not be a prestige friendly with the stadium fully open?

There is no way that I believe they will be allowed to have the full use of the stadium for the very first fixture without having tried to fill it to get a certificate. I thought they had indicated that they can't arrange the prestige fixture until the top clubs know their european committments re qualifiers etc.

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
Are these ramp - up events for wheelchair users only ?

sorry - I'll get me coat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here