Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex travel problems sorted!

D

Deleted member 2719

What about the majority who want to leave on 80 mins?

So I understand Palarse were going to do the same but then realised you need to be a BIG outfit to do this as it just would be silly doing it with just 5000 fans at a time.

Half the fans and half the club.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Agree, no real transport problems. This is not Withdean with a paltry 5k turning up every week. We use P&R and normally have to wait about 20mins to half an hour for the first bunch of coaches to come around again. Hardly transport problems.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Waited 45 minutes for a bus at Withdean a few times. Transport is much better now I think.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
This could be a revenue stream, Gold ticket + £25, downwards to if you stay an hour, the standard match price applies. Then if you want to swop leaving tickets administration charge of £10.

I would also go a stage further and provide tickets to allow people from the midle of the row to leave just before half time, but they would need a Gold/Gold ticket or Red/Gold ext, with a charge fo £10 to allow out of seat before half time.

Likewise people arriving late after half time would need a different coloured ticket (again at cost).

Daft idea, anyway the post match buses have improved with the double deckers, and the stewards directing more people onto the H service as opposed to S, just need the new drivers to know the route!.

Boris Yeltsin

MR PRESIDENT to you, mate
Feb 13, 2008
Moscow
Look, each train holds x amount of people, instead of queuing after the game, you should be able to pre-book a place on one of the trains. Once you know what train you're on then you don't have to worry about missing that train. It's like airlines letting you check in online rather than queue to check in at the airport. This should ensure full capacity on the trains as every space is accounted for. Add in a margin of error and could this be a solution? Season ticket holders would have a time frame to reserve their space on the train of their choice. <shrug> Could this work?

Dec 29, 2011
Surely leaving earlier should be cheaper? The longer you stay on the private property of the Amex the more you should have to pay. You don't pay less rent the longer you live in a house.

Boris Yeltsin

MR PRESIDENT to you, mate
Feb 13, 2008
Moscow
I'm surprised there haven't been those rickshaws hanging around outside the stadium like you get in London outside the theatres.

Look, each train holds x amount of people, instead of queuing after the game, you should be able to pre-book a place on one of the trains. Once you know what train you're on then you don't have to worry about missing that train. It's like airlines letting you check in online rather than queue to check in at the airport. This should ensure full capacity on the trains as every space is accounted for. Add in a margin of error and could this be a solution? Season ticket holders would have a time frame to reserve their space on the train of their choice. <shrug> Could this work?
It's a BRILLIANT idea for creating the longest queue ever seen outside a railway station. A train can hold about 600 people. It takes about five seconds to check every ticket manually (even if there's an electronic pre-check-in process), to ensure that everyone who passes the checkpoint is entitled to do so. It will also take about 20 seconds to explain to every passenger who isn't entitled to travel on the particular train in question that they have to return to the back of the queue. Loading 600 people on to the train would take at least 30 minutes, even allowing for there being several check-in points.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
There are no transport problems, they are a figment of impatient people's imaginations.

Things may have improved a little since the stadium opened, but I am afraid that there are still problems, especially if you want to stay until the final whistle and not stay for a drink.

Some people seem to forget that a very large percentage of our support does not live in Brighton.

South Stand Rebel

Sep 6, 2012
Things may have improved a little since the stadium opened, but I am afraid that there are still problems, especially if you want to stay until the final whistle and not stay for a drink.

Some people seem to forget that a very large percentage of our support does not live in Brighton.

Have been to every home game so far this season and last season, and have not had to wait more than 40 minutes at any game to catch a train to Lewes. I always leave at the final whistle, not before. The evening games seem to have the biggest queues, but even then, the crowd moves pretty quickly onto the trains. Oh and that's with a few games close to 27,000. so I don't think an extra 3 or 4 thousand will make that much difference.

What I find difficult to understand is those people who think they should be able to get away in ten minutes. Get real!

Everyone should look at it from a different angle. Imagine that the station is a twenty minute walk away and then you have another 15 minute wait for the train.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Every ticket sold has a coloured voucher with it,red,blue,green. With a crowd of 30k 10k would have a green voucher allowing immediate departure on final whistle,the blue voucher would let you out of the stadium on 30 minutes after ko and the red voucher 60 minutes after ko.This would stagger the departure of fans allowing easy and safe exit of the stadium site.It would also increase the after match spend in the stadium,with teams such as palace and millwall they would leave on the final whistle and green vouchers 30minutes blue vouchers 60 minutes red vouchers 90 minutes thus allowing a safe exit of the stadium.
SO TRAVEL WOULD BE SOLVED,FINANCES SORTED AND FAN SAFETY WOULD IMPROVE.
COULD THIS BE THE ANSWER?
NO. :facepalm::moo:

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
I want a zipwire fitted to take me directly from the WSU to the train queue!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here