Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AMEX Transport - a thread of positive suggestions

Ken Newbury

Feb 6, 2006
1/2 mile from LDC country
I do think for the evening games, the transport providers could do a lot better,why does Southern need to return to its normal evening service? Could it not keep the extra trains going for another half hour? If that means redoing the rosters, then redo them and pay the staff extra if necessary. The same with B and H Buses; if you can run a 10 minute service during the day, surely you can do it at night too.

And where does this money come from to pay the drivers this overtime. It's already been made very clear here on NSC that too many people do not pay for a travel voucher and use the buses and trains for free so why would Southern Railway and Brighton & Hove Buses want to pay out overtime when the people how want the service refuse to pay for it?

Next season, when the travel voucher cost will be incorporated back into the Season Ticket everybody will be paying so maybe, just maybe, there will be the money to pay overtime to drivers to get the service that we need!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
A friend has emailed inviting them to do so. He hasn't even had the courtesy of a reply!

I did too ... just suggesting that the Transport Manager has some sort of forum for a couple of hours a month, selects say a dozen different fans each time from those asking to be included. Updates on what's been done and what's planned listens to fans on what does and doesn't work and any ideas to improve. Not rocket science is it?

No reply

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Maybe the unsold food could be offered at a discount after the game?
Don't open that little can of worms. I tried suggesting this to Tony Bloom and he looked like he was going to lose it! To be fair, I don't think he'd let me full finish what I was saying and thought I was trying to suggest that these things should be cheaper all round.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Don't open that little can of worms. I tried suggesting this to Tony Bloom and he looked like he was going to lose it! To be fair, I don't think he'd let me full finish what I was saying and thought I was trying to suggest that these things should be cheaper all round.

The chinaman, TLO and others have benefitted from cheap pies at the amex in Dicks bar after a game. This is just before closing but it does happen from time to time.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The chinaman, TLO and others have benefitted from cheap pies at the amex in Dicks bar after a game. This is just before closing but it does happen from time to time.

Could never be made official policy though, would just unleash a further tsunami of moaning. Best the cheap/free pie deal is kept as a sort of unofficial loyalty bonus for those who choose to tarry awhile post-match at the Amex. IMHO, like.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
A shuttle bus from Amex to Whitehawk and Bevendean to allow fans to get on the 49 and the 1?

EDIT: in fact from the Amex to the Marina making 3 stops, one at Bevendean, one at Whitehawk and one at the Marina to allow fans to get on the 49, 7 and 1 as well as the 12 from just above the Marina...

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

Cheap moutfuls in dicks..........................................
to benefit gentlemen?...........................................
in Brighton?
With our reputation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
A shuttle bus from Amex to Whitehawk and Bevendean to allow fans to get on the 49 and the 1?

EDIT: in fact from the Amex to the Marina making 3 stops, one at Bevendean, one at Whitehawk and one at the Marina to allow fans to get on the 49, 7 and 1 as well as the 12 from just above the Marina...

Such a service almost exists. It's the number 23 from the uni. Lewes Rd, Elm Grove, Queens Park Rd, Eastern rd to Marina.

Not sure how frequent though.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Such a service almost exists. It's the number 23 from the uni. Lewes Rd, Elm Grove, Queens Park Rd, Eastern rd to Marina.

Not sure how frequent though.

Make it waaaaaaaay (it's hourly or half hourly i believe) more frequent and call it the Football 23, run it up and down, taking fans from teh amex to various bus stops in to town, presto. less strain on the train brighton bound. a shuttle to withdean might not be a bad shout either, to allow people to board trains at preston park

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think the best suggestions I have read on here are:

1. Another P & R at Hickstead area. If there is a possible site
2. To keep people in longer put tip up seats around the wall
3, Allow children in a supporters club type bar. Or change the licence of Dicks from a pub to club licence and make all STH automatically members.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here