Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AMEX Transport - a thread of positive suggestions

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Covered walkways for when its pissing down whilst in the queue for the P&R

If you loaded all the buses at the same time there would hardly be a queue. Then all the buses are ready to go almost as a convoy.You could then tell folk back in the concourses that the next convoy of P & R buses for whichever site is due in x minutes and hey presto you walk to the stops get on a bus and avoid the standing about in the rain.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
If you loaded all the buses at the same time there would hardly be a queue. Then all the buses are ready to go almost as a convoy.You could then tell folk back in the concourses that the next convoy of P & R buses for whichever site is due in x minutes and hey presto you walk to the stops get on a bus and avoid the standing about in the rain.

Loading all the P+R Busses at the same time makes so much sense - whilst the convoy was away, Bennetts field could be emptied.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Could Brighton and Hove buses not put more buses on the 28/29 back to Lewes after evening games? Driving to Lewes and parking near the prison and then taking a bus to the stadium is easily the best way for me to get there. Afterwards is a different story. I have learnt that you have to leave bang on the final whistle and then run like mad to get to the head of the queue. Trouble is at least 200 people use that route. The 10:02 bus loads up until it can't take another person, which must be quite dangerous, then the other half are left waiting till 10:32, which after the West Ham match must have been wonderful. Surely they could revert to the 10 minute frequency for an hour or so after a match. Speaking to people, at least half a dozen said they had written to B and H Buses and got no reply. Doesn't someone at Conway Street have an ounce of common sense? And Notters, just because you find it easy, it doesn't mean everyone else does. Please don't forget not everyone lives in Brighton or Hove. I stay behind after Saturday games. Having to go back to London (either that night or the next morning) after evening games means that is not an option then.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
And Notters, just because you find it easy, it doesn't mean everyone else does. Please don't forget not everyone lives in Brighton or Hove. I stay behind after Saturday games. Having to go back to London (either that night or the next morning) after evening games means that is not an option then.
Sorry chap, I'm genuinely not trying to be antagonistic here. It is difficult if you live further away, but I think a lot of people who live in Brighton are moaning for no reason, as the following are all easy and quick:

-Park in Mithras and walk (25 minutes)
-Park in Moulescoomb and walk (15 minutes)
-Walk to Moulsecoomb and get on an empty 24/49
-Walk into town (50 - 70 minutes)

Notters, have you tried any of the Park and Rides?

Nope, but I've walked past Mithras house. I do realise that there are exceptions. There are elderly, disabled and little kids who need to use transport from outside the stadium... and people who need to get back to London or wherever.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Sorry chap, I'm genuinely not trying to be antagonistic here. It is difficult if you live further away, but I think a lot of people who live in Brighton are moaning for no reason, as the following are all easy and quick:

Nope, but I've walked past Mithras house. I do realise that there are exceptions. There are elderly, disabled and little kids who need to use transport from outside the stadium... and people who need to get back to London or wherever.

Indeed, and I parked at Watts/Cockroft last Sunday and walked; good exercise it was. I then had a cuppa with mates after the game and got on an empty Mithras House bus. The big difficulty is evening games, which we all said it would be. That is where I notice the difference between Withdean and the Amex (and no, I don't want to go back to Withdean). I do think for the evening games, the transport providers could do a lot better, e.g. after the League Cup games, why does Southern need to return to its normal evening service? Could it not keep the extra trains going for another half hour? If that means redoing the rosters, then redo them and pay the staff extra if necessary. The same with B and H Buses; if you can run a 10 minute service during the day, surely you can do it at night too.

Transport Guru

Nov 11, 2011
Brighton
Even without coach’s buses etc Bennett's Field would still take an hour plus to empty. Getting 650 cars through a T junction will always take some time. The theoretical capacity of a T junction (egress from Bennett’s) is 520 vehicles in an hour. I know that factual info on NSC isn’t a regular occurrence and it’s a bit boring but you just can’t shift the volume of cars out of the car park any quickly than it does.

Loading all the P+R Busses at the same time makes so much sense - whilst the convoy was away, Bennetts field could be emptied.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

My 5 & 8 year old manage the 20 minute walk to where we park, in fact it's just become a part of the day out.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Even without coach’s buses etc Bennett's Field would still take an hour plus to empty. Getting 650 cars through a T junction will always take some time. The theoretical capacity of a T junction (egress from Bennett’s) is 520 vehicles in an hour. I know that factual info on NSC isn’t a regular occurrence and it’s a bit boring but you just can’t shift the volume of cars out of the car park any quickly than it does.

If you put a traffic cop on the junction and waved eveyone through, wouldn't it be considerably quicker?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Can't help but feel that the Amex would be ideal for introducing a Turkish-style 'dolmus' service i.e. a minibus acting as a shared taxi with a fixed route. You just shout where you want to get off. Would be happy to pay a tenner into town if I could walk straight on to one and get away as soon as it was full. That would work out at £120 per trip for the service provider. Everybody wins.

32061_32061_dolmus%20busjes%20blauw.jpg

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Do Ken Brown, Martin Perry or Richard Hebbard (or any other Club management) ever come outside after games to observe how the transport infrastructure is coping, or talk to supporters about transport issues?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Can't help but feel that the Amex would be ideal for introducing a Turkish-style 'dolmus' service i.e. a minibus acting as a shared taxi with a fixed route. You just shout where you want to get off. Would be happy to pay a tenner into town if I could walk straight on to one and get away as soon as it was full. That would work out at £120 per trip for the service provider. Everybody wins.

32061_32061_dolmus%20busjes%20blauw.jpg

Sounds ideal i'm assuming they would go at min 100mph, never stop for lights, overtake all other traffic & ignore queues & nicely put us back in the Duke of Boot before James Alexander Gordon has cleared his throat

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
On Saturdays couldn't they turn some of the 25s into a Falmer Special bus with limited stops between Palmeira Square and The Amex ? Do the same with the return journey after the game.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
On Saturdays couldn't they turn some of the 25s into a Falmer Special bus with limited stops between Palmeira Square and The Amex ? Do the same with the return journey after the game.

This.

Actually somebody said they got on a 25 football special for the barnsley game. Not sure if it was limited stopping service though. My question is... if a new '25 football special' service has been introduced... please could the club stick this on their website, how are we supposed to catch a bus that we don't know exists! i would take this option if i knew buses were going to be available.

On a similar subject... are they still showing highights of the game on the monitors after the game? The last few times i've stayed around for a beet post match the screens have just shown sky sports news, but i'm sure i've stood and watched highlights at the early season games?

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
Oops! That should have read "hasn't"! I do feel it would at least help people feel their views were being listened to if a representative of the senior management were to be at the Park and Ride sites, at the station and in the car parks to find out what the perceived problems are.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here