Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AMEX Transport - a thread of positive suggestions

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Maybe it's because I work in the transport planning sector, but rather than the numerous moaning threads on this subject, I think we should try and share good practice or good ideas to help those who are having a bad experience and/or leaving early to avoid same.

I have a few ideas but would like to encourage you all to come up with something positive.

To ko:

- to get back into Brighton, try walking down to Coldean Lane (10 mins) and picking up an empty(ish) 24 bus that comes down from Hollingbury.

PG

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Simple one .. stewards at top of steps by P&R "loosely" count numbers and direct to one bus then the next batch to the next an so on ... would fill them 4 times quicker I reckon

Simple one - All P&R buses use left lane off A27

More difficult - Build a big P&R bay under bridge alongside A27

More difficult - Build a slip from Bennets that filters in to the A27

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Useful one - Reserve a large part of Bennetts Field for shuttle buses that would run in a direct loop from:

Brighton station -> the Amex -> Lewes station -> the Amex -> Brighton station

This would relieve some of the pressure on the trains.

superwomen

Apr 19, 2011
Hove
have more bendy buses on the Mill road park and ride - it seem to be a lot better on saturday as they had someone stopping cars on the Dyke road roundabout - did anyone notice this ! we sit in the WSL (north/ west end of the pitch ) - we left on the final whistle and were home by six the best yet so far

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
how about not cancelling thr next train back to Brighton as 1000s of people approach the station?

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Have a shuttle bus running to Preston Park Station. Useful for people heading north & west & could relieve the pressure at Falmer & Brighton Stations. Of course, it would mean trains making unscheduled stops at Preston Park just like the bad/good old days at Withdean.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
TELEPORTERS or MONORAIL

I never get taken seriously on these ideas.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
For the first time on Sunday I got a coach to the ground rather than the train/drive. I will NEVER get the train again. It was AMAZING! Picked me up in Lancing, a further 3 pick ups along the way and we were there. Loads of beer, a walk back to the coach after the match, STRAIGHT onto it and sitting down, warm and cosy. 15 minutes later were gone! Great value too (I think I paid 7.00 return)

Check them out

Seagull Travel | Stage Door Tickets

They run coaches from all sorts of places, couldn't recommend it enough!

how about not cancelling thr next train back to Brighton as 1000s of people approach the station?

THIS, with big red shiny knobs on.

I thought they were joking at first.

Also, and this cannot be done by the club but if people moved down the carriages a lot more people would get on.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
have more bendy buses on the Mill road park and ride

This 100% the difference between weekend service and mid week is huge. Personally given up on it and will be getting the coach in future, means leaving my house earlier but when its raining will get to sit on coach until it leaves which will be nice!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Get some of these

ed_imgSNN0422B_82854a.jpg

For the first time on Sunday I got a coach to the ground rather than the train/drive. I will NEVER get the train again. It was AMAZING! Picked me up in Lancing, a further 3 pick ups along the way and we were there. Loads of beer, a walk back to the coach after the match, STRAIGHT onto it and sitting down, warm and cosy. 15 minutes later were gone! Great value too (I think I paid 7.00 return)

Check them out

Seagull Travel | Stage Door Tickets

They run coaches from all sorts of places, couldn't recommend it enough!

I have used the coach from Kent for all games bar one and it is by far the most convenient mode of transport now that the timings and routes have been improved. The only downside is that your arrival and departure time is controlled by others and therefore there is no flexibility. If that does not bother you I would strongly recommend it.

Dawn Korus

Oct 17, 2010
Christmas Island
a fleet of about 4 or 5 buses that run from the stadium to city centre, reducing pressure on trains.

In a perfect world a couple of 8 car trains that shuttle directly between Brighton and Falmer - about every 10 mins, though the difficulty would be fitting in with existing timetable

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Divide Bennetts Field in two. Have two manned exits and co-ordinate the flow of traffic from each exit.

All of those cars in a free-for-all scrambling to one exit just holds everyone up when it probably doesn't need to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here