Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex STs - One BIG Mistake

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
You're not seriously worried about it being in Priority 4? There are only 2000 other ticket holders in P1 & P2, even if all of them take +3 (and remember a lot of already taken 1901 tickets anyway) that's still 7000 tickets for Priority 4 to choose from, are you really going to be that fussy about your seat!?

I'll be priority 4 and I'm not that worried to be honest. I can't see everyone in front of me in the queue taking 3 extra seats, there will be a lot who have gone 1901, and there's going to be 1000s of great seats.

And I'm sure if you don't get your absolute preference in season 1, then you'll probably be able to go on a waiting list for other blocks for future seasons when seats become free.

:amex: :amex: :amex:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Look, the bottom line is that the club wants and desperately needs bums on seats at the Amex. This is an EXCELLENT way of getting all the existing die-hard Withdean STH's to cajole / encourage their friends and family to spend out and join them, sitting WITH them, in the new stadium by investing in a season ticket. WE NEED THESE PEOPLE.

Whats the alternative ? If you say existing STH's can only buy one ticket (their own), and anyone else in their circle of friends or family who want to come will just have to wait their turn, buy a season ticket and end up sitting somewhere else in the stadium, what kind of takeup are they going to get for that ? We've got 22,500 seats that need filling here, and there's a damn sight more chance of filling them up with "group" bookings then there ever would be if it was only the die-hards who could get their seats first.

Unfortunately the logistics of this means there is never going to be a perfect way of doing this and satisfying everyone. But ultimately, we need that stadium as full as possible, and like it or not, this is the best way of going about it.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Look, the bottom line is that the club wants and desperately needs bums on seats at the Amex. This is an EXCELLENT way of getting all the existing die-hard Withdean STH's to cajole / encourage their friends and family to spend out and join them, sitting WITH them, in the new stadium by investing in a season ticket. WE NEED THESE PEOPLE.

Whats the alternative ? If you say existing STH's can only buy one ticket (their own), and anyone else in their circle of friends or family who want to come will just have to wait their turn, buy a season ticket and end up sitting somewhere else in the stadium, what kind of takeup are they going to get for that ? We've got 22,500 seats that need filling here, and there's a damn sight more chance of filling them up with "group" bookings then there ever would be if it was only the die-hards who could get their seats first.

Unfortunately the logistics of this means there is never going to be a perfect way of doing this and satisfying everyone. But ultimately, we need that stadium as full as possible, and like it or not, this is the best way of going about it.

Yep, totally agree.

Expect 'special deals and offers' throughout the season as well which will address the U21 issue and other initiatives to fill the stadium.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Interesting points and I am sure there will be some disapointed people, although dont agree that U21 should have discount, why ?, a lot of U21 have more money to spend than us oldies, ok not Students maybe. I think the club have been quite fair and everyone will end up in better seats than than have now. If you are a STH for under 3/4 years I imagine that in general you do not have a seat in the centre blocks, but will get a good seat at Falmer, so no major issue I think. I do agree that the 'bring 3 mates' decision is commercial decision to try and fill the seats, but really do you think that all long term existing STH will buy 3/4 tickets, no of course not. My mate and I discussed last night his problem, we are members of the Family stand and although I am a over 10 years STH, he is under 4 and he is being forced out as his son will be 16 next year, so as Block T STH, he is priority 4 and son not happy, but I really think he will get a better seat at Falmer than what he has even if he is Priority 4, although feel he has a unique case. Whatever happens they cant keep all happy.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Can people please get it out of their heads that hoards of people who've never been to a football match before are suddenly going to go and buy an Albion season ticket.

Think about it, how likely is it really?

If you're not a current STH then you might not get your preffered seat, but you'll probably get close to it. If it was that important then you should've got a season ticket this year. You WILL get a ticket, but if it's not in the exact seat you wanted then tough shit, man up and accept it.

my debut = that.

people are far overestimating demand. you might not get to sit in the EXACT seat you were after, but there's plenty to go around. chill, winstan.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville

spot on, mister ten.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Apart from the economic sense explained by Easy - if you have had a season ticket for the 10 years at Withdean you bloomin' deserve your priority and the chance to have your mates around you. You are a better man than I Gunga Din.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Spot on.
Whichever system they had brought into force, there would always be some people disappointed with it.
That's life though, you can't please all the people all the time.

Will you be my "special" friend if I need a ticket (assuming you don't use your allocation obviously)?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Apart from the economic sense explained by Easy - if you have had a season ticket for the 10 years at Withdean you bloomin' deserve your priority and the chance to have your mates around you. You are a better man than I Gunga Din.
Totally agree. I'd go as far as to say if you've been an STH at Withdean for nine years they should GIVE you an Amex STH.

There were always going to be winners and losers, and I totally sympathise with Titanic. I've moaned for ages that the club's concept of a 'family' stops when the offspring reach 16. I've got two 'children' in further education (both working part-time to fund their studies) but they still expect me to pay for family treats like football tickets. Consequently a single match at Withdean sets me back well over £100.

I've told them they're on their own once we get to the new ground!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Ticket-wise or life-wise? :lolol:
Oh only ticket-wise. I reckon I'll still be sorting their lives out for them when I'm 80!

EDIT: And despite my fine words I'll no doubt still be buying their bloody tickets for them as well!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
That's what parents are for!

I'm just glad my daughter has grown up and moved out.
And she's getting married next year. I gave her one date she will NOT get married if she wants me there.
Luckily she's chosen the week before.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
To be fair the club have made it crystal clear that those with a ST this year will get one. I know several people who have said to me in the past ten years, "you mug, paying all that money to watch Brighton in a crap stadium", well now I am rewarded for the loyalty, so is that wrong? 3 years, 5 years, 7 years there has to be a cut off and I think they've got it right, but then I would say that having had one during our encampment at Withdean.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The ability to buy 3 additional ST's is an excellent marketing ploy by the club because they know those in priority 1 will suddenly get new friends from the lower priorities.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
People must not think it is just mates who will get these tickets.
I am very lucky to be in group 1 being a STH at the Goldstone, Gillingham and Withdean and for the first time in all those years I will be able to sit with my son and two grandson's at a home match.
I was able to get the seat next to me for my eldest grandson 5 years after being at Withdean, but now we will all be able to attend games at Falmer as a family.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Perhaps we should have a '3 ticket allocation sharing' thread / forum to allow those of us with the rights to buy 3 to get together with like minded fans to ensure everyone who wants a season ticket gets one.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

For once i agree fully and no doubt this is part of the reason why the withdean atmosphere is shite as its mostly all strangers next to eachother.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I’m so excited about going on my presentation on Feb 3, I feel like a VIP. I’ve sold my other 3 tickets that I’m entitled to as well.

Where to sit, that’s the main problem facing us :shrug:

This is where the club has gone wrong making it possible for "fans" to profit out of the situation

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If I was Tony Bloom and saw some of the binfestery taking place on ATC about some STH claiming to be disadvantaged over the arrangements I would probably get on the phone to the contractors and tell them to stop the work.

The sense of self-importance, entitlement and lack of commercial acumen by such individuals beggars belief.

There will not be 2,000 STH suddenly finding themselves befriended by Chelsea fans who want to watch Div 3 (hopefully 2) football next year for £400 just because there is a padded seat under their arse. You WILL be able to get a seat with a fantastic view from practically every part of the ground.

Instead however we have the equivalent of the Daily Express front page on ATC with hissy fits, whining and toys heading in an out of pram direction.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here