Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex seats

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
They had both at the presentations. I only sat on the normal seat and it was extremely comfortable; far better than the Withdean ones (which I don't have a problem with anyway).

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Maybe if Insider gave the dimensions of the seats at Withdean and the new ones at the Amex then the issue could be resolved. For what it's worth, I thought that the seat on show (after I had a quick try) at the presentation seemed narrower than the one I sit in, in the South Stand.

I tried it and couldn't notice any difference.

To be fair it's difficult to tell unless any of us have an arse that doubles up as a tape measure. 10 seconds sitting in a seat is hardly colusive either way.

At the end of the day this was calculated at the design stage and has an effect on capacity so it's never going to change. Perhaps we should all wait until it's open before we start getting worried.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Maybe we could put all the fatties in the corners? Think of the advantages - when Millwall try to invade the West or the East, they'd have to wade through dozens of lard arses first.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I want to know how long the arms are on the 1901 seats, in case I find myself sitting on one, and my wrists hang off the end in an ungainly manner.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Maybe we could put all the fatties in the corners? Think of the advantages - when Millwall try to invade the West or the East, they'd have to wade through dozens of lard arses first.

Think of the disadvantages - weight in the Amex is not equally distributed and the stadium starts sinking into the ground where the chubsters are grouped.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Anyone that moans about the seats is a f***ing PUSSY who can f*** OFF as far as I'm concerned. Pricks.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I want to know how long the arms are on the 1901 seats, in case I find myself sitting on one, and my wrists hang off the end in an ungainly manner.

Don't worry, I'm sure you will have a prawn sandwich in one hand, and a glass of Chablis in the other.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Think of the disadvantages - weight in the Amex is not equally distributed and the stadium starts sinking into the ground where the chubsters are grouped.

Mmmm. You're right Bozza. Perhaps we should think of an area just outside the stadium - the rugby pitch nearby - where all the Pillsbury Doughboys could watch the game on a Giant screen?

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I can't believe anyone is moaning about the seats - you'll have plenty of room to sit down in when compared to places like Elland Road or Portman Road where they have bolted seats straight onto the terrace.

You bunch of Jessies!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here