Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex Season Tickets......

D

Deleted User X18H

Each 2010/11 Withdean season ticket holder will be allowed to buy there own priority seat at Amex, plus an additional three season tickets if required. The three additional season tickets do not have to be current season ticket holders.

Source: Tony Bloom at the Supporters Club AGM tonight.

I think this is a great initiative by the club. It encourages those who have not been able to persuade friends and family to visit Withdean to now suggest than can all sit together in type of community.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
and wahts more -you CAN buy an u-16 ticket anywhere in the ground, anyway, just not as cheap as in the FS.

At Withers a standard U-16 in the South is about £15.

In the the u-16 is a fiver.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
So why is Jam talking about family ticket pricing at the Amex?

*confused*

I'm sure he'll say, but could it be that is being assumed the current, excellent Under-16 and especially Under-10 ST prices will continue at Falmer? I'm not sure that will be the case, but I certainly hope so.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
So why is Jam talking about family ticket pricing at the Amex?

*confused*

Sorry mate - I'm making assumptions is all..not panicking, but just musing!

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I think there will plenty to go round, before we start throwing mud at eachother... such as...'I've been a STH longer than you so I should get a better priorty than you'.....i've went to 16 marches and went to every game at Gillingham that makes me a better fan than you......... crap......At the end of that day we are all Fans/supporters of Brighton, the only thing that matters now is that money is coming into the club. Who is sitting in that seat or what their past is....does it really matter...(iam a STH BTW)

You're either fishing or a fool who hasn't realised football is a highly emotive game - it's brand loyalty is crazily unique and defies all sense and normal business models; how else do you explain fans getting continually screwed and coming back for more and more?!!! So of course people are going to get annoyed if they've been loyal for the past 15 years and say couldn't afford a STH this one year because they've been made redudant in the current economic circumstances (or just grown too old waiting for it to happen - remember, some people in their mid 40's when this started will now be RETIRING and on a PENSION when Falmer opens!) Meanwhile, some utterly new London club supporting johnny come lately turns up just as Falmer opens and gets ahead of them in any such queue. Marvellous. You'd have to be a saint (maybe you are?!) not to be really ****** annoyed having lived and breathed the Albion throughout all those years, if that happened (and it will).

There's been no footballing saga like it and it's finally coming to an end in it's 3RD DECADE I think you must be a really young fan not to understand this. Or a saint as I said.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
You're either fishing or a fool who hasn't realised football is a highly emotive game - it's brand loyalty is crazily unique and defies all sense and normal business models; how else do you explain fans getting continually screwed and coming back for more and more?!!! So of course people are going to get annoyed if they've been loyal for the past 15 years and say couldn't afford a STH this one year because they've been made redudant in the current economic circumstances (or just grown too old waiting for it to happen - remember, some people in their mid 40's when this started will now be RETIRING and on a PENSION when Falmer opens!) Meanwhile, some utterly new London club supporting johnny come lately turns up just as Falmer opens and gets ahead of them in any such queue. Marvellous. You'd have to be a saint (maybe you are?!) not to be really ****** annoyed having lived and breathed the Albion throughout all those years, if that happened (and it will).

There's been no footballing saga like it and it's finally coming to an end in it's 3RD DECADE I think you must be a really young fan not to understand this. Or a saint as I said.

Excellent post. Seems very odd not to take account of anyone who had a Withdean season ticket prior to this season, especially when, as you say, there is a lot of belt-tightening going on at the moment. It hasn't happened yet, though, so maybe common sense will prevail.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I should get priority because I went to Millwall away in the jpt 4 yrs ago and still have the stub

fair play , most people don't

I had to cash mine in for the West Ham FA Cup ticket :down:

I think this is a great initiative by the club. It encourages those who have not been able to persuade friends and family to visit Withdean to now suggest than can all sit together in type of community.

Only a great initiative if it is really fair.

If someone is a first time STH at Withers this year and manages to secure 4 STH's at Falmer AHEAD of a long standing STH then this is wrong.

Loyalty should be given some sort of preference and I would suggest the following:

Current STH's who have x years as a STH
Current STH's who have less x years
Current STH's who are first year STH's
Former STH's
The rest

If you've had top endure Withdean for sodding years and end up with the same priority as newbies then people will not be happy

Of course I'm sure some sort of focus group will be consulted :p

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

If people's circumstances change and they can't afford a ticket then I feel sorry for them but that's life. Everyone thinks they've got some kind of claim for priority but where do you draw the line?
In fact the club has already drawn the line, if yoou're not a STH this year then there's not priority, everyone knew that before the season started so if you're not on board then that's tough.

All that said, there's still no need to panic about STs, anyone who wants one will get one.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Excellent post. Seems very odd not to take account of anyone who had a Withdean season ticket prior to this season.

Surely most of these uber-loyal fans who have been to every game for decades but couldn't get a season ticket for this year will know at least one current STH who can help them out in securing the seat they want?

And, even if they can't, there's no panic - there are lots of seats to go around and they'll all have a good view.

Seems to me that whatever system the club uses, some people will find a reason to complain.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We currently have less than FIVE thousand season ticket holders. In total over the last ten years, there has probably only been SEVEN, maybe EIGHT thousand people who have held one at one time.

The Amex holds TWENTY TWO AND A HALF THOSAND people.

That is all. Carry on...

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
With about 14-15,000 STH on offer next season I really cannot see how anyone is going to miss out. Every STH this year will get one. I would imagine the number of temporarily disenfranchised Withdean STH's from days of yore will only number in the hundreds rather than thousands so there will be plenty left for them. Why the hysteria?

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
suppose this ensures people who want to become ST holders can get a seat next to their mates who have been ST holders for years.

I personally think existing ST holders should get first dibs, then people who have held them in the past, then people who regularly buy HOME tickets, then the away only brigade last.

i think we'll be oversubscribed for that first season and some people who have been putting their money into the club by purchasing home tickets from time to time over will end up missing out. and that's not right.

if you have put your hand in your pocket to keep the club afloat during the withdean years then you should be rewarded with the chances to buy a ticket for the first game at falmer. or a ST if that's what you want.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I'm sure he'll say, but could it be that is being assumed the current, excellent Under-16 and especially Under-10 ST prices will continue at Falmer? I'm not sure that will be the case, but I certainly hope so.

I'm just wondering if the U-16 and U-10 prices will increase drastically at Falmer. Young fans are possible future adult STH and the club has bent over backwards to get them along to Withdean, and done lots of coaching in the community, so a sudden steep increase in prices at Falmer would see all that effort go down the drain...

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
i think we'll be oversubscribed for that first season and some people who have been putting their money into the club by purchasing home tickets from time to time over will end up missing out. and that's not right.

I just don't see how that can happen. There might be a handful of disgruntled people who didn't get off their arses quick enough - I guarentee they'll be on here complaining.

Apart from that, anyone who wanted a ticket will get one.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
With about 14-15,000 STH on offer next season I really cannot see how anyone is going to miss out. Every STH this year will get one. I would imagine the number of temporarily disenfranchised Withdean STH's from days of yore will only number in the hundreds rather than thousands so there will be plenty left for them. Why the hysteria?

Why the hysteria?? This is NSC......duur!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here