Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex pre season games

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Sorry if fixtures

I don't know if anybody else had heard but on SCR yesterday evening they said we've invited Arsenal and Chelsea down for a pre season friendly at the Amex, What do you make of it IF they accept?

:amex: :amex:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Not really very excited as friendlies are always shit. Would rather get one of them in the FA cup. Could be the first season for a very long time that we've actually looked for a home draw.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
We've tentatively invited several teams.. it's just a matter of what European qualification rounds certain teams may have as to their availability.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Rather play a mediocre team's first string than Arsenal or Chelsea's 3rd string but we'll see what the dates are and how likely it is big players would play. Not that I'd go to this kind of kiddies event. Maybe one friendly and save rest of my cash for 'proper' games.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
They won't both accept. It looks like either Arsenal or Chelsea will finish in the top two, meaning one of them will probably have to play Champions League qualifiers (or do the top 3 teams automatically qualify for the group stages these days?).

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
They won't both accept. It looks like either Arsenal or Chelsea will finish in the top two, meaning one of them will probably have to play Champions League qualifiers (or do the top 3 teams automatically qualify for the group stages these days?).

Two.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
There's a (strong) rumour the first friendly could be Spurs.

Rather play a mediocre team's first string than Arsenal or Chelsea's 3rd string but we'll see what the dates are and how likely it is big players would play. Not that I'd go to this kind of kiddies event. Maybe one friendly and save rest of my cash for 'proper' games.
Good luck with your hope that cash will get you a seat at Falmer.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
its going to be Chelsea

I have heard this for months

Poyet spoke to Chelsea and invited them down

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
excatly thats a stupid shout it 100% wont be them

but i heard Chelsea are playing in Copenhagen during their pre season dont know what time in the summer though

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'll probably be ducking cruise missiles in Tunisia anyway. I think I'll pop my Amex cherry for the first PROPER game.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Couldn't care less don't want to waste my first experience of the Amex on a meaningless friendly against some prem teams reserve side.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I'd like our our 'exhibition' game to be against a Dutch side for FDM and get a certain amount of 'emotion' out of the way. Then somebody like QPR would give us a proper friendly as in a real test of a game. Plus we would not have thousands of plastic prem fans taking our seats!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I've heard Spurs... If not Chelsea

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here