Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex Position

Premiership Dream

Nov 16, 2011
Ok this has been bugging me for a while, don't shoot me down if im wrong, but the after studying a map it appears that our stands do not reflect their positions

The following is roughly what I concluded from looking at the map and would like to know other peoples opinions

The West stand is in the South
The East stand is in the North
The North stand is in the West
The South stand is in the East

:facepalm:

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
how are you seeing this, because the south of the UK isn't parallel to the equator. maybe look at the bigger picture, but i will leave the research to you.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't believe that's entirely right. I was under the impression the west was south west, etc.

Anyhoo, it was explained at the presentations for season tickets that the main stand is positioned to block the sun at 3pm, and that main stand is automatically named the west stand, then the others follow.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Seen from the UK, I believe that Magnetic North is to the West of the North Pole.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
How have you only just realised this?

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Ok this has been bugging me for a while, don't shoot me down if im wrong, but the after studying a map it appears that our stands do not reflect their positions

The following is roughly what I concluded from looking at the map and would like to know other peoples opinions

You are correct. The West should be the north but the club wanted the North to be behind the goal.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
The Goldstone was exactly the same layout.

I may have misread J but are you saying that The Goldstone was not geographically laid out as per pole orientation approximately? North not being north, east not being etc? What was it then? Remember many an evening walking down the OSR from The Drive watching the sun set, isn't that west ish?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
The fact that people sitting in the SOUTH stand get the sun in their eyes watching the game is enough to tell you it's wrong.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Last edited:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

I rekon they've sold you a wonky map. The stands are spot on in my map, you need to throw it away and buy a new one

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland

God, whatever you do don't look at the maps on Southern trains - the ones with Hastings in the north-east, and London in the west.

sebtucknott

Aug 22, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
I believe the ground was positioned so that the main stand (west), where all the "important" people sit, has the sun directly behind it on average at 3.45pm.

So that the important people don't get sun in their eyes during the game.

This should make it more SW than W

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here