Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex pitch

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
I've been pondering our massive injury list for a few months and wondered if the new lush Amex pitch might be in some way responsible for our crippling casualty list. I was prompted to ask this question out load after someone else posted a similar query on yesterday's official match thread. Seems a huge portion of the injury's have been when we're playing at home.

Sent by Derek Achora via the spirit world.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I've been pondering our massive injury list for a few months and wondered if the new lush Amex pitch might be in some way responsible for our crippling casualty list. I was prompted to ask this question out load after someone else posted a similar query on yesterday's official match thread. Seems a huge portion of the injury's have been when we're playing at home.

Sent by Derek Achora via the spirit world.

It`s the grass, they imported it ftom Thailand it is fcuking lethal

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
It's lethal that Thai grass, cms hit the deck and a blade of grass gave him a right shiner

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
have there been a considerable amount of injuries in the visiting team though?

I think the argument there is that they dont play on it every other week so therefore as a one off visiting teams dont count! Personally i think blaming the pitch is horse shit but you never know, there might be something in it.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Maybe if they didn't water the pitch just before every single game, including yesterday...

What do think that would achieve? Not saying your wrong.

Watering the pitch gives it that extra zip to enable the ball to slide around nicely which helps our passing game.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
What do think that would achieve? Not saying your wrong.

Watering the pitch gives it that extra zip to enable the ball to slide around nicely which helps our passing game.

They water it after its just pissed down with rain. Not sure the point really.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
When this came up, last week.

I was left wondering why we need a state of the pitch, in the first place.

We aren't exactly in the 'grim' North, and it's never going to be so cold/frozen for a prolonged period of time, that the undersoil gizmos couldn't cope.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I heard that it was an strategy developed by TB. If the Amex doesn't create sufficient income they are going to let it grow and harvest it before the first game of the next season.

or the grass?????!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here