Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex Photos from this morning including Managers view and players tunnel !!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Oh my days I was lucky enough to be on site again.....

Pitch is ready....

Attachments

• IMG00031-20110714-0828.jpg
    IMG00031-20110714-0828.jpg
    403.2 KB · Views: 1,180
  • IMG00032-20110714-0829.jpg
    IMG00032-20110714-0829.jpg
    284.8 KB · Views: 1,171
  • IMG00036-20110714-0902.jpg
    IMG00036-20110714-0902.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 1,172
  • IMG00034-20110714-0902.jpg
    IMG00034-20110714-0902.jpg
    308.1 KB · Views: 1,171

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I got to sit in The Gus Chair, also a little know fact our chairs are slightly tilted forward so our players feet touch the ground and the away players seats are slightly higher so when they look over at our bench area we look bigger !!!

I got to sit in The Gus Chair, also a little know fact our chairs are slightly tilted forward so our players feet touch the ground and the away players seats are slightly higher so when they look over at our bench area we look bigger !!!

i love things like this - we seem to have gone for similar psychological tricks for the away dressing room. Found this about Arsenal's...

Firstly, the Arsenal room has a lucky horse shoe shape, where as the away team gets the edgy atmosphere of a square. In the centre of the away changing room is a very tall work bench so disrupt communication across the room. What’s more, the Arsenal changing room has a special non-slip flooring to prevent accidents, but the away team have to suffer a shiny, plastic surface! These subliminal features all combine to indicate Arsenal’s superiority and are just one intelligent part of the stadium’s grand design.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
i love things like this - we seem to have gone for similar psychological tricks for the away dressing room. Found this about Arsenal's...

Firstly, the Arsenal room has a lucky horse shoe shape, where as the away team gets the edgy atmosphere of a square. In the centre of the away changing room is a very tall work bench so disrupt communication across the room. What’s more, the Arsenal changing room has a special non-slip flooring to prevent accidents, but the away team have to suffer a shiny, plastic surface! These subliminal features all combine to indicate Arsenal’s superiority and are just one intelligent part of the stadium’s grand design.

Hasnt done them much good though, has it. Not won a trophy in how many years?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

The dressing rooms are EXACTLY like that and it was one of the things that surprised me.

The away dressing rooms just have a few rubbish benches - there doesn't seem to be enough for a whole team to sit down - and some lockers.

Despite this, however, apparently our away dressing room is somewhat nicer than we have to put up with at other grounds.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I like the way they've cheekily made the pitch 10 yards longer by sticking the goals in on the edge of the playground surround. :thumbsup:

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Thanks Mr Freakout.

Are the goals going to be equal distance from the pitch? What I mean is it wouldn't surprise me to hear now that the goal in front of the away end is further away from the seats so as to lessen the impact the away fans goading my have on our keeper!

WallyBanana

Jan 5, 2007
Haywards Heath

I was lucky enough to see it on Tuesday.....poor quality picture I know....was using my phone!

Attachments

• IMAG0102.jpg
    IMAG0102.jpg
    345.4 KB · Views: 668

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011

Is it me or does anyone else think that if the away seats are higher, they will look bigger (taller) not the other way around?

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I think the fact that our players feet are on the ground and their's aren't will give the illusion ours players are bigger lol.

Lol, didn't think of that... Although, if I was looking over at the other bench, I wouldn't be looking down at their feet unless it was to see if they have the latest Total 90's on!

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
I remember a story from the first Adams tenure. During periods of cold weather he would always ask for the windows in the away changing rooms to left wide open so the room would be freezing for when they arrived and would take ages to warm up so their bodies would not be warm enough and therefore more suspect to get an injury etc.

These kind of tricks are played the length and breadth of the country

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
Lol, didn't think of that... Although, if I was looking over at the other bench, I wouldn't be looking down at their feet unless it was to see if they have the latest Total 90's on!

It's unconscious though innit. You don't understand why but they look bigger. They should have made the away seats slightly larger too to make them feel smaller.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here