dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
One stop from Lewes. Perfectermundo.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
The Amex is within the City of Brighton and Hove.

However, it's not in Brighton/The City/Central.

I'd personally class anything in 'The City' as anything between Holland Road - Palace Pier and as far back as Preston Park.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Look, why is the positioning of the stadium such an issue? ..... without too much effort I can cite Reading and Leeds as being similar in terms of their relative proximity to the town/city centres......there are many other examples of course.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
A lot of stadiums were originally built in "out-of-town" locations, including the Goldstone which was, rather like the Amex, built on farmland. Urban spread has tended to bring these sites within town over the years.

So no, the Amex is not within the city centre, but it is within the city limits.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
For those saying it isn't 'out of town' - where would you suggest IS out of town?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
For a ground to be considered in town you should be able to amble to the ground from the town centre imo. I imagine walking to the Amex is a bit of a hike for 90% of fans. It is definitely out of town imo.

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
A lot of stadiums were originally built in "out-of-town" locations, including the Goldstone which was, rather like the Amex, built on farmland. Urban spread has tended to bring these sites within town over the years.

So no, the Amex is not within the city centre, but it is within the city limits.

Exactly. Historical context and everything. Definitely this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here